Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Ending Ebay Auction early?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a reserve set for my gamecubecheats auction, and I seriously doubt any bids will get that high by tommorow. How do i cancel my auction because it didn't reach a high enough amount to what I wanted?

Thanks
bryan

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just let it end..............

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
noooooooo :), I don't want to sell it for a possible $50 , I would rather hold it for a while longer and try to make a sale down the road.

I found where I would end my auction early, but I am confused by a few options

"If you have bids on this listing, or if the Reserve Price has been met, you must cancel all bids or sell to the high bidder(s). "

So by canceling all bids, that would make it so no transactions will have to be made. here are the options I have if I want to end it, which one would I normally take.

The item is no longer available for sale.
There was an error in the minimum bid or Reserve amount.
There was an error in the listing.
The item was lost or broken.

Would I take the 2nd one? or the 3rd?

Thanks
bryan

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the reserve is NOT MET, there is NO WINNER. Just let it end.....and hope the reserve will be met in the end!

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
oh, i thought that whatever the highest bid is, then I would have to complete a transfer to the individual. So basically, if i just let the auction end, I can tell the other person, well my reserve wasn't met and it didn't get as high as I wanted, so i am not going to sell. Can someone post negative feedback on you if you decide not to sell to the highest bidder, with the reserve deal?

Thanks Doberry

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It will end unsuccessfully.. you do not need to contact anyone, and feedback is not possible. (unless reserve is met)

That is the whole idea of a reserve.......

dotcom

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
good advise doberry

i learnt that ins and outs for ebay auctions when i listed something for sale. thats why it is imperitive to have a reserve price. that way it doesnt matter if there is 1000 bids, if its doesnt make it to the reserve, then all the bids cancel out and all you have to pay is the ebay listing fees, mine was 5.50 :razz:

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For my gamecube one, I went all out :) 14.50 ouch.

Oh well, I will tell you what though, if it by change gets to around $200, I will probably take that. I am allowed to contact the highest bidder and offer them the sale, correct?

thanks
bryan

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jag5311
For my gamecube one, I went all out :) 14.50 ouch.

Oh well, I will tell you what though, if it by change gets to around $200, I will probably take that. I am allowed to contact the highest bidder and offer them the sale, correct?

thanks
bryan

yes. You can also go into the details and lower the reserve.

dotcom

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Off course, the contact is via ebays internal email system. Just email the ebay memebr via their own contact system, though they discourage that for making sales ehhehhehe

i myself was contacted after the auction ended via ebays system. it had a BIG clause at the bottom of it. something like " ebay requests that no sales etc are done outside of ebays austion site" especially via email.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Next time, pick 2 categories.

1).com's
2)Nintendo games

Selling domains in the categories they cater too attracts buyers too....

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Man thats bull. If some guy walks up to me tommorow and said, I will give you X amount for your domain, I would end my auction and sell to him. Can ebay try to sue you or something if you try to sell outside of their dominion.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and advertise your auction here, in dnforum, in the 4 sale section. I dont see it there...

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jag5311
Man thats bull. If some guy walks up to me tommorow and said, I will give you X amount for your domain, I would end my auction and sell to him. Can ebay try to sue you or something if you try to sell outside of their dominion.

stop being paranoid.

dotcom

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jag531, not sure if your post was directed at me.

what i mean is that ebay discourage contacting seller via their ebay's internal email sytem to "cut a deal"

they off course can not stop you seling or buying this way and cant instigate any legal action if you do so.

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did post it somewhere once, i think it was the 4 sale section. I gave an ebay link. Well, to be honest, I am not sure if there is anyone at DNFORUM that is willing to pay no more then 50 bucks for my domain. I have been told its more valuable then that, so I am just out scouting for the right person. I have been sending some emails to gaming domains that deal with nintendo products, and cheats. No response quite yet, but its only been 2 days.

Do you feel I would get alot more offers/bids if It was in the gamecube/nintendo section, regardless of whether or not its a domain name

thanks
bryan

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Your best bet is to wait for a free listing day and start the bidding at $200. That way it doesn't cost you anything if it doesn't sell.

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks

Its also just 5 or so bucks. That can be made up over a short period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom