Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Enom and Credit Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Most of my customers signing up to my enom PDQ have a problem getting their credit cards to accept. And they get very upset LOL

I even have trouble getting my credit card to accept at Enom.com so now use PayPal to refill.

Does anyone know the trick into getting credit cards to accept at Enom ?

Is it because enom match your whois address to your credit card address ?

:confused:

wyvern

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is not because they match the who-is address to your credit card number, because I use different addresses (PO Box vs st address) and have never had a problem refilling my account with credit card.

gump

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
4 credit cards I have, no anyone accepted at eNom:dead:

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have found postcodes to be a problem it looks for GB codes as like A12 B34 if yours was A2 then you would need to enter A02 for example as it wouldn't like A2 - anyway that did it for me.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've got error once using my visa card but never in my AMEX card. Make sure that you have the correct "billing" address.

Cheers,
tw

Domainaholic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I really do like enom - but their credit card system is getting to be a disaster. I have lost 3 very big potential resellers - a 4th gt his account locked and no reply from enom's fraud about it.

My own accounts get my cards blocked for days on end end at enom to.

Fraud is a very real and big problem in the domain industry in the domain world so I do not mind so much - and at other registrars it's much worst.

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Today I had a customer who First couldn't get his credit card to accept - as he kept trying - the script tried to process 10 transactions and got his credit card blocked ! now i have to contact enom to sort it out

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Enom say .........

"
It appears that the address verification by our credit card processing company on these attempts is failing. The customer may need to try another credit card type in order to get it to go through. I've included some additional information below:

After your submit a purchase request, we send a command to your credit card company for a pre-authorization for that amount. If this is approved, our new address verification program will send another request to your credit card company to confirm personal information. If you receive an error, please make the update and try again.

For each submission you send, your bank will process the pre-authorization request first. If the address verification fails, we will NOT submit a charge against the pre-authorization, and your bank will automatically remove the hold on your money between 5 and 14 days (all banks differ, you will need to ask your bank about the timeframe when they release the hold on funds.) We do not have an electronic way to remove a pre-authorization."

TrafficMonsterRRR

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the cc troubles with eNom. I did have a complaint recently with a cc order, I offered to settle via PayPal for reduced reg. as apology -- and the customer is happy.

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
but problems with visa.. now and again.. mastercard works no probs..

but godaddy... mastercard is the only one that will work....

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I refill my account ealier, got denied. Try it again, its working using VISA..

Good backup AMEX...

tw

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom