Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

enom api using whoiscart.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
G'day
Can you help?
Currently I use PDq to resell enom
It costs me $99 per year
Just been reading about whoiscart.net
It apears to cost $35 once off and of course your own hosting fees
Does that mean if I was to pay someone to set up API for me, and I buy whoiscart.net and then pay someone to instal that, and if I use a compatible host, I would then have something that looks to the customer like ENOM PDQ without the annual fee for me?

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That is the way I understood it, but when I asked around on this board a couple of months back no-one seemed to understand the enom API...

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Right. You won't have to pay the annual fee for PDQ if you use API, but be careful with which API script you buy. Make sure it has good feedback and is stable. Unless you want complete customization I strongly suggest sticking with the PDQ, it will save you and your customers the headache of database errors, hosting problems, down time and much more. For $99/year it's a pretty good buy.

I've worked with both API (custom front end I created) and PDQ and as far as integration goes PDQ is the best way. If you want customization, API.

taheria

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I completely recomend using the API over the PDQ - its a lot more customizable. The PDQ is great for a site that you have while building your api, or a fall back in case your server or site goes down for some reason - but I personally use the API and have have never gone back.

i would agree to use decent software - from what people say arround, drams (now called awbs) is probably the best and cheapest for its abilities, while whoiscart is the cheapest (i think) out of most of them - it does the least in comparison to the other big names, like modernbill or whm auto pilot.

Do your homework, and make sure you get one that offers you the features that you need, and not a bunch of features that you dont. One alternative is to simply build your own too ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom