Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

enom at 6.95

Status
Not open for further replies.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
hello, how to get enom pricing of 6.95 per domain without buying 1000 points?

thank you

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you have to sign up as an etp to get the special pricing.. there is no way around it anymore... must pay in advance for 6950 points if you are starting from scratch.. but if you have lets say 100 domains with enom already you will only have to pay;

6950 - 695 (existing domains) => $6255

...if you have a few hundred domains then the price keeps going down of course

LeftRightOut

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can "buy" an existing $6.95 reseller account for $XXX from people wishing to get rid of theirs. You won't be an ETP and the person above you in the chain can raise prices anytime, but it gives you a 6.95 account for less than purchasing credits. You also don't get to use the purchase price for registering names if you just buy someone elses reseller.

romow

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
as i know, if you register at least one domain with your reseller account,
the person above you cannot raise the price (for the particular tld).

LeftRightOut said:
You can "buy" an existing $6.95 reseller account for $XXX from people wishing to get rid of theirs. You won't be an ETP and the person above you in the chain can raise prices anytime, but it gives you a 6.95 account for less than purchasing credits. You also don't get to use the purchase price for registering names if you just buy someone elses reseller.

NameRegistration

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
romow said:
as i know, if you register at least one domain with your reseller account,
the person above you cannot raise the price (for the particular tld).

I am afraid this is not true, I actually had one $6.95 sub-account with a few domains and my ETP raised the prices. The cheapest way to get a $6.95 eNom reseller account is to pay the $6950 (save yourself the scam).

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i had an interesting convo with one of enom's business development people.. and we went into detail regarding this issue...

here is the answer to the 6.95 etps and cheap reseller accounts;

A few years ago we set a policy on sub accounts, restricting the pricing levels. This prevented the fraud created by people 'selling' new $6.95 accounts without checking the buyer for possible fraud. We did still have a few old accounts that people were recycling, and for a bit we had a bug that a few folks found that allowed them to create these. However, The bug has been fixed and most of the old 'account reselling' has depleted.

Yes, eNom places a limit on sub reseller pricing. Your sub reseller accounts will not be able to be set below $8.95 on com/net/org/name/biz/us/info (unless we are having a special promotion on that TLD that reduces your rate, as well).

Other companies have worked around this by creating customers $8.95 accounts and then 'crediting' the customers after they have purchased 'x' amount of domains. They have done 'cash back' via pay pal, refilled their sub accounts for their customers by sending a check to eNom, set up systems to register or add years to names, on their customer's behalf. In short, there are good ways to work within this restriction.

romow

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i think it is enom, not your etp who raised the price.
if enom raises pricing, there's nothing your etp and you can do about it.

NameRegistration said:
I am afraid this is not true, I actually had one $6.95 sub-account with a few domains and my ETP raised the prices. The cheapest way to get a $6.95 eNom reseller account is to pay the $6950 (save yourself the scam).

NameRegistration

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
romow said:
i think it is enom, not your etp who raised the price.
if enom raises pricing, there's nothing your etp and you can do about it.

It was my ETP, this I know for sure. It was a quite infamous case of a reseller who was selling 6.95 accounts at eBay. eNom does not change reseller prices as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom