Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

eNom club drop - totally messed up !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what is going on with enom ??

last night - out of the blue i get 2 enom club drop order confirmations (however i got all my confirmation emails earlier)

i look in my enom acount and OHHH - 2 more names are in my account !

Both names did not expire yesterday , both names never where in a private or public auctions (at least not as fare as i can remember.

then i look up the whois info and BOTH names where caught by 2 of enoms club drop partners on ...(drums)

05 of Sept. 2004 !!!!

(over 5 weeks ago !!!)

i just contacted enom support to ask what gave me the "honor" of getting these 2 names (5 weeks after after they where caught but never have gotten into any auction)

cambler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please check again. Those were not from 9/5, they were from 10/5.

There was a problem at the registry with a number of our registrar partners which prevented validation for about 48 hours. Once the problem was resolved, validation was re-run.

If you got the names outright, there were no other bidders, so there was no auction.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i am very sorry but the whois clearly shows (and i copied & pasted)

--------------
Created On:
05-sep-2004
Expires On:
05-sep-2005
ACTIVE
Registrar:
RJG VENTURES, L.L.C.
http://www.rjgventures.com
------------
this is 1 month)

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Chris, you already know my enom ID, and you know how many domains I keep there.

There are definately problems lately with Enom.
Of course, this has nothing to do with you, but someone should look into it.
'things' are very volatile now.

BTW,
Chris is not necessarily an Enom rep, nor does he substitute their support, I am merely making an observation.

cambler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wolfis, PM me the domain in question and I'll take a look into it this weekend and see if I can figure out what's going on. Allocations fall within my scope, but provisioning doesn't. But if I can find out when my routines caught the name and reported it, I can find out where the problem is.

Seeker's right - I'm not customer support, but I'm more than happy to help hunt down things in my area of influence when I can.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
See, this is what makes a difference, and in many case we abuse.
Someone wants to help, and we jump the wrong person.

Knowing Chris as little as I do, I know he will get out of his way to help anyone.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello Chris i'll pm you in a minute , but first a note : never take these posts about enom problems personal - secondly , i am quite happy with enom & their services overall - otherwise i would not spend that monthly amount there.

chatcher

Crazy Chuck
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wolfis.com said:
what is going on with enom ??

last night - out of the blue i get 2 enom club drop order confirmations (however i got all my confirmation emails earlier)

I received three order confirmations on October 7 for domain names registered via ClubDrop on September 5:

Domain Name: P6688.COM
Registrar: DOMAINNOVATIONS, INCORPORATED
Whois Server: whois.domainnovations.com
Referral URL: http://www.domainnovations.com
Name Server: No nameserver
Updated Date: 05-sep-2004
Creation Date: 05-sep-2004
Expiration Date: 05-sep-2005

Domain Name: CLLCHINA.COM
Registrar: GET SLD, INC.
Whois Server: whois.getsld.com
Referral URL: http://www.getsld.com
Name Server: DNS1.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS2.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS3.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS4.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS5.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Updated Date: 07-oct-2004

Domain Name: 17850.COM
Registrar: DAGNABIT, INCORPORATED
Whois Server: whois.dagnabit.biz
Referral URL: http://www.dagnabit.biz
Name Server: DNS1.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS2.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS3.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS4.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS5.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Updated Date: 07-oct-2004

Worse than that, p6688.com is inactive (no nameservers), and when I try to add nameservers, I get "Errors modifying name servers: Failed to get registrar lock". In my eNom account it is listed as being registered with DomainMonger, but the whois says DomainInnovations.

chatcher

Crazy Chuck
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
chatcher said:
I received three order confirmations on October 7 for domain names registered via ClubDrop on September 5

It gets worse...

Today I got another order confirmation for an old ClubDrop catch:

Domain Name: HBIAO.COM
Registrar: VIRTUAL INTERNET PLC.
Whois Server: whois.register.com
Referral URL: http://www.register.com
Name Server: No nameserver
Updated Date: 05-sep-2004

Let's see, they caught it on September 5, let it sit inactive until October 18, then charge me for it and put it in my account...

And notice the "whois.register.com" in the registry whois. What's the connection between eNom and register.com? I changed the name servers at eNom and then queried whois.register.com. Guess what? It shows the updated name servers! Hmmm...

cambler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am re-running the validation for the month of September. It appears that some names that we got were not reported as such correctly (by Verisign, or by the validation system). In the vast majority of cases, customers still want these names.

chatcher

Crazy Chuck
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cambler said:
I am re-running the validation for the month of September. It appears that some names that we got were not reported as such correctly (by Verisign, or by the validation system). In the vast majority of cases, customers still want these names.

Thanks for your response.

Using the term "vast majority" makes it sound like this happens a lot. It isn't really a matter of whether I want or don't want the name (although much expired traffic is extremely perishable, and a six week delay in activation can easily mean the difference between a profit and a loss). The main issue is just how many more unprocessed past transactions am I obligated for? Can you give me an assessment of how likely I am to see more of these after today? I mean, on October 7 some lost September 5 names were found, OK, but now on October 18 more September 5 names were found, so how many times do you re-run this thing before you are fairly sure you got them all?

The secondary issue is one of stability. Maybe my luck is worse than most eNom customers, but I have had so many unsettling "flaky database" problems with eNom in the past few months that I've already moved most of my portfolio away. (Not that you can tell by looking at my eNom accounts, over 400 of those names still show up at eNom weeks after having been transferred away.) Rather than ackowledge the problems and provide explanations, the Enom support people I've encountered at best try to minimize the problem, or at worst tell me I'm lying about what I know happened. This is not a confidence inspiring strategy. I would react much better to a statement from eNom saying "we are having some really horrific problems over here, but we expect to have them fixed in x number of days," but I don't expect that any time soon.

cambler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It doesn't happen a lot, and it's not happened in recent days, but there are a number of days in September where there were problems, and I'm trying to make them right. It's not as much, perhaps, as "vast majority" implies, though. I might have overstated that a bit.

I'm doing what has to be done to resolve these days and work to ensure that it doesn't happen again, even if Verisign doesn't immediately report an acquisition. You're not lying about this. There were some pretty horriffic circumstances that caused this, but I'm expecting to have it resolved soon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom