Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Enom ClubDrop minimum bid now $30 plus reg. free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentum

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just noticed today that club drop no longer accepts bids under $30. I couldn't find any announcement on their website, so I thought I would start spreading the word ...

Bender

Bending
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
here you go.
Dear Club Drop Customer,

We are happy to announce Drop Deals!

Starting February 23rd, you will be able to purchase dropping names for only $10.00 (plus domain registration fees*). Drop Deals(sm) will be available every day from approximately 1AM** to 11AM Pacific Time and will be offered for a $10.00 “Buy it Now” price on a first come, first serve basis.

If you would like to increase your chance of getting a dropping domain name, we recommend adding the name in your Club Drop list and participating in the pre-bidding as you have in the past. Names that are on the Club Drop lists will not be available as Drop Deals.

Important Changes to Club Drop

Formerly, if a pre-bid did not meet the minimum of at least $30.00 the domain name would be placed into a Reverse Auction. Because all pre-bids will now be of at least $30.00, this will no longer occur. If you are the only bidder, you will get the domain name, otherwise, it will go into a Private Auction between all bidders, as usual.

This affects only new pre-bids entered for the February 23rd drop or thereafter. All current pre-bids will stay unchanged.

We look forward to continuing to provide you with the best Club Drop and domain auctions experience.

Sincerely,

Your Club Drop Support Team

Validweb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
enom are excelling themselves as spin doctors. Instead of just saying that they are doubling their minimum bid, enom has instead dressed it up with a lot of garbage about drop deals and reverse auctions, with only a day's notice. It really sucks; imagine if a major 'real' auction house like christies or sothebys doubled their auction fees with only 24 hours notice.

I was wondering when this was going to happen, as enom is still cheap compared to the other big 2, snapnames and pool. I imagine its only a matter of time before enom raises their fee again.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I remember when it cost US$6.95 (reg fee) to get a name with Club Drop. Those were the days!

I think they are very bad at announcing changes (although maybe this suits me ;-) )

They should at least mention on the actual input page for Club Drop that there has been a change!!!!

Do you see that the first "note" on the Club Drop page *still* says:

"You must place a minimum bid of 10 eNom points per domain."

Does this need updating or what? We haven't been able to put in a minimum bid of US$10 for several months.

Also a recent e-mail I received from them which I think "mentioned" the change in pricing had the subject in the e-mail of

"Club Drop names and billing issues".

Hardly a good subject to notify users of increased prices.

It made me think I was being told off for not paying for names on time.

Nuff said.

(I love enom)

ClickEarn

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
WAKE UP GUYS....

If EVERYONE sends an email to Enom voicing the fact that they are displeased
with these new changes and want Enom to revert back to the last style of
"Club Drop". If EVERYONE does this we CAN get them to change back!

The new system will not only increase the minimum bid but will drive more
domains into private auction. Domains are not selling for what they used to
and they are costing us as resellers more and more. Enom is all ready reaping
HUGE gains (Which is acceptable) by the names that go into auction and get
bid to astronomical prices.

I have been doing this for years now and decent domains are just not bringing
the amount that they used to. Lets all band together and see if we can get
Enom to see things our way.

C'mon guys... lets' see if we can get this changed. Don't think that your opinion
can't make a change - it can and WILL if we all speak our minds.

Send an email to Enom at [email protected]
Do not bitch and complain when you contact them. Just send them an
email letting them know how displeased you are and that you would
like to see the system to go back to the prior set-up.

Get busy guys, Enom is a great registrar and has an excellent drop system
Lets' all pitch in and get this changed:wink:

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it is a matter of time that enom reach their competitor's price.
i dont think enom will care even if 1,000,000 sent to ask for old style bidding.

as long as there are still bidder using enom after min bid increase, they will continue.

Yojimbo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A couple of strange things regarding enom. First I swear I saw a domain on auction that had a minimum bid of $5 placed. How does that happen?

Also, I bid on a domain and was the only bidder at $15 (before they raised the min bid) but enom still sent it to a reverse auction. Did I miss something regarding that procedure in their memo? I used to just get the name. Are they all going to reverse auction now even if there is only one bidder?

Validweb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi
I don't see what you can do about it, other than to start your own dropping service, which wouldn't work very well unless you are icann accredited.

I had been thinking of starting a thread asking the question as to why enom's minimum fee is only a quarter of snap's and pool's, and and taking a poll as to how long the situation will last. So now I'm asking how long enom's fee will remain at $30 plus reg fee, and how long snapnames and pool will keep their minimum fee at $60???
The question is particularly pertinent to those of outside the us, as the dollar is relatively weak at the moment.
If anybody has information or views on this subject, i'd be glad to hear them.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Validweb said:
So now I'm asking how long enom's fee will remain at $30 plus reg fee, and how long snapnames and pool will keep their minimum fee at $60???
Good questions. Snapnames and Pool have been keeping their $60 for quite some time now, and I guess eNom is going to keep (if not further raise) their $30 in the foreseeable future. That's how the market works: as long as their own shares of clientele are able to support their operation, it works (for them). Just some quick thoughts.

adutopia.com

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hate the fact you have to get up in the middle of the nite to bid on the 10 dollar domains. I also hate the fact that you have to bid 30 dollars. IMO they are loosing out. I know i was spending several thousand a month and now I am not. I am just boycotting them for now as far as the lower type domains. IE Small type in and yahoo, dmoz listed domains.

One other thing.

If I bid 15 dollars before and nobody bid i paid 21.95. Now i can wait and pick up the same domain if i get up at 1am pst which is 4am est and buy the same domain. Makes no sense. I would pay the 5 dollars for the opportunity to buy it and see if nobody else bids.

domnet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dotNetKing said:
I remember when it cost US$6.95 (reg fee) to get a name with Club Drop. Those were the days!

Those were the days! I wish they would go back and offer this. Even if they only allocated maybe one registrar. I have lots of names that I don't really want to try and get by hand.

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are getting greedy. And from what I've heard, owner(s) of Enom were the ones that gamed the .EU registrations. Partially.

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ShytKicker said:
They are getting greedy. And from what I've heard, owner(s) of Enom were the ones that gamed the .EU registrations. Partially.

if i am the owner.. i would probably do the same... this is so logical...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom