Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

eNom: .CN/.COM.CN/.NET.CN only for companies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drmaximus

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got an email reply from eNom saying that they currently only register .CN, COM.CN and NET.CN, and not ORG.CN. Moreover, those 3 extensions can only be registered by companies and not by individuals.

(1) I always had the impression that COM.CN, NET.CN and ORG.CN were open to all individuals, whereas .CN was open only to companies... was I mistaken?

(2) ORG.CN does appear on my eNom pricing list, so why do they say that they do not register that?

All advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does not sound right. Try it again or just reg them somwhere else...

drmaximus

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems to be a huge uncertainty with respect to all .CN extensions. eNom refuses to commit itself, wording it's reply with "It's our understanding..." while some other registrars, from google, state that there are no restrictions. Registerfly online chat assures me that the only restriction is a true WHOIS. I have emailed GoDaddy and NameCheap to solicit their views. The domain is not for speculative purposes but I still hesitate spending that money for nothing if they were to pull it from me later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom