Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Enom.com offers the registration of centralnic.com's domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do you notice that you are able to register the domains of centralnic.com like uk.com, hu.com, za.com, no.com...etc via enom.com?

Is that helping to promote those second level "country" domains?

:rolleyes:

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jeez

:|

Why are they resorting to these sort of revenues

(popups, this, etc.)

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think they are suicidal lately.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not favor to this business model as well. The price is not acceptable at all.

M

mole

To be fair, eNom is trying their best to get whatever revenue they can to keep their business cashflow moving along. With all those resellers selling names at $6.95, the margins are so wafer thin, sometimes you wonder why registrars even bother to try anymore.

With regards to Popups and URL forwarding, my point to them is simple. I am willing to pay if they need that extra cash flow. But I would be stupid to spend $29 per domain like I used to do in the past. The market has changed too much for that.

ToastyX

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with this. It's certainly better than offering new.net domains. At least these domains work everywhere.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they are overpriced IMO.
Also, what happens *if* centralnic ceases to exist???
those domains wont resolve.

Anyhow, do you think they are any 'competition' to gTLDs or some popular ccTLDs?

Thanks

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
uk.com is not so bad. Not from an investment perspective but as an end user alternative to .co.uk or .com. The prices are high, but then to an end user £50 for two years is nothing.

- Rob

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
geez I should sell some at ke.com and many other 2 letter country domains...

but all it is, is a subdomain!

-=DCG=-

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think these offerings are pretty good. In order to whois the sites you have to actually go to centralnic's site. I see a lot of the quality ones were taken like two years ago. This is the first I have ever heard or seen about these domains really. I kind of like the country code prefixing like .us.com instead of .com.us but I could see value in certain terms given a specific market. Even if you did brand a site you would loose a ton of traffic to the .us/.com counterparts. So overall this could be a very big waste of time. I would stick with .ws or .cc if the terms are available in those and even possibly .nu (which i own only one of due to availability). I would use these only as a last resort in my opinion. I do like them better than .org.uk and some of these other crap names though. There are tons of good ones available lol. I do like the .eu.com as there isn't currently an .eu domain around....yet.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For investment perspective, read the TOS. It doesn't protect you against anything. The TOS protect them against legal issue not an advantage for customer such us.

My 2 cents.

TW

joezeppy

101domain.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I work for Centralnic. It's too early to look at them as domains for resale, however, Centralnic has recently been taken over by new owners and they are taking a much more proactive stance about selling the domains.

I wouldn't recommend them if your only goal was to resell them. But they are easy to remember and they do work all over the Internet. It's the same root as dot.com.

Thanks,

Joe

wvspecialkvw

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I simply picked up my last name.us.com (worth it for that I think!)

joezeppy

101domain.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wvspecialkvw,

That's what a lot of our registrants do. Some years ago, a few companies registered and took most common names in .com.

Thanks,

Joe

encodedbrain

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
insanely overpriced for a sub-domain!
plus needs 2 years of minimum registration.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:shy: I'll be darn..........................

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DomainProfiles said:
:shy: I'll be darn..........................

Yes but can you *SELL* them. The last time I checked The TOS said something to the effect that if you tried to sell the domain it would be considered a breach of contract and the domain would be deleted. Has this been changed?

joezeppy

101domain.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FineE said:
Yes but can you *SELL* them. The last time I checked The TOS said something to the effect that if you tried to sell the domain it would be considered a breach of contract and the domain would be deleted. Has this been changed?

Hi FineE (& all),

I'm going to do some internal checking on this matter. I've worked for CentralNic for a few years. I'm not aware of anyone actually selling our domains on the aftermarket, and this has been brought to my attention before.

I don't know that there was/is any deliberate design that would prevent the transfer of our domains in an aftermarket sale. More probably, I think the Terms were written and designed for end users or for the ISP or web designers who re-sold the domain to an end-user on a retail level.

I think the language was also written to prevent trademark squatting because it does require that one "has the right to use the name" or prior permission if registering on behalf of a third party (example being in the case of an ISP registering on behalf of a customer).

It doesn't seem to me that the Terms actually address the issue of transfer or sale on the aftermarket of a domain at all. It may be time for us to look at that again. I'll bring it up at one of our next meetings.

Thanks,

Joe

P.S. I'm not an attorney & was not involved in creating the Terms. I'm just commenting personally and because I work at Centralnic. It does seem to me that the Terms need an update.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
geez I should sell some at ke.com and many other 2 letter country domains...

but all it is, is a subdomain!

-=DCG=-

The Watcher suggested that for you already, HERE

I would have said the same thing had he not.
I think you should set up a subdomain script and do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom