Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Enom Credit Card Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is there some reason ENOM credit card charges expire then they ram them through again a few days later? I am using my paypal card because I am supposed to get 1% cashback back and I don't want to use their new paypal system (I was perfectly content with the old system). Is this an attempt to buck the cashback system (or to attempt to run the transaction as a debit) because the second time the transaction goes through I don't get the paypal credit cashback credit. I am about to tell them goodbye if this keeps happening because I was very disatisfied in the past regarding their credit card processing. They even went as far to charge previous cards on file and getting my account balances screwed up. Anyone else having these problems?

Also what happened to the $6.35/yr renewal rates I had for a short period of time? Was that some error in the system or a short term incentive?

Domain Days 2024

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's very common for a transaction to be verified and funds are requested in a batch process at a later time in fact they are all done this way. The batch usually has to be done within 24 hours and funds might not be actually deducted for your account until sometime after that.

This is why your bank account alot of times has $1 transactions that always disappear thats the funds verification. Before internet banking you would never see this as it wouldn't appear on your statement. Its also why you have a balance and an available balance because they don't actually send the money from your account instantaneously. It is also batch processed at a later time.

As far as your 1% I would say you need to talk with Paypal since eNom and Paypal are two different companies and eNom has nothing to do with their rebate.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
clemzonguy said:
Also what happened to the $6.35/yr renewal rates I had for a short period of time? Was that some error in the system or a short term incentive?

That wasnt exactly a special, but rather an opening window for people that had cought nameking names through clubfrop.
the 6.35 transfer was so that you may transfer in your names back to enom as nameking no longer works with them.

M

mole

clemzonguy said:
I am about to tell them goodbye if this keeps happening because I was very disatisfied in the past regarding their credit card processing.

Big mistake, clem imho. In the course of the many years I have used eNom and countless registrars (for names I get in drops), they are still the world's best in domain management of large portfolios, and a clear class above others in terms of the kind of technology that domainers appreciate.

As they update their systems, occasionally strange things happen. Like the time they upgraded the system recently and I had to pay $25 for .CN domains although it was supposed to be $15 for me now.

These are just gliches in the system, but only happens once in a while. It gets corrected after a few days.

The PayPal preapproved amounts, for example, don't synch as planned. It says you have x amount left, but when you utilise this, PayPal sends you back an email to say your limit has been exceeded.

Give and take these glitches, overall eNom has no par.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Their domain management is horrible.
I just emailed their support so they would remove 70 domains that still show up in my account but have transferred them away months ago.

Their nameserver changes take hours and sometimes days to complete.

Registration of domains may take 12 hours to complete!
etc...

mole said:
Big mistake, clem imho. In the course of the many years I have used eNom and countless registrars (for names I get in drops), they are still the world's best in domain management of large portfolios, and a clear class above others in terms of the kind of technology that domainers appreciate.

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
at least 1 in 10 domains to be renewed get "credit card declined" emails sent to me even though my card should never be declined...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom