Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Enom Credit Card Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeCal

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone could give me the following information as i've been waiting for ages for enom to get back to me. If i purchase a CC Merchant account with enom, can i accept domain purchases from my users in £ GBP. I know i can only be paid in $ but thats not a problem.
Can i also accept payment for other goods with this account?

Thanks in advance all

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DeCal
i've been waiting for ages for enom to get back to me
Me too! What's up with their support lately. I think they just delete email.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All my emails were answered promptly.

DeCal

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm, there support isn't that good but they have a good service and price. Can anyone answer the credit card questions please?

DomainOrders

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering -- DeCal says "If I purchase a CC merchant account with [from?] enom" -- offhand, I don't see where you can "purchase" one. Do you mean the CC account that enom provides that can be used with RR and PDQ?

If so, then here are some observations on my part -- when you set up your prices, for RR for example, I only see where you can specify prices in US$. The RR interface/page will present an order page with the prices you specify, again in US$. I do not see anything anywhere on the enom site or RR page regarding other currencies or currency conversion.

I also note the following -- eNom's User Agreement for Merchant Services says, "The Service provides merchant services and templates for you to register domain names and offer other products and services. " It later says, "Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted in U.S. Dollars. " Frankly, I do not see anything anywhere "otherwise stated." It also says, "Users agree not to use the RegistryRocket Service for cash advances, or sale of goods not expressly authorized by the Service." Although, this last sentence refers to use of RR and not the merchant account. (I want to ask, how can you use RR for other things? You don't have much control over what RR offers.) Also, it is unclear to me which "goods" are "expressly authorized by the Service." If you ask me, other than domain registrations, I don't see anything "expressly authorized." However, I am going to assume that the other services that enom provides, such as name-my-phone, would be included in permissible offerings under the first and third statements I clipped.

The first statement I clipped refers to use "to register domain names and offer other products and services. " It is not specified what the "other products and services" are or are limited to. Again, with regard to RR and PDQ, I think you are limited to what is offered via enom's site and the RR interface.

So whereas this is not a definitive answer to the questions, it appears to me that there is no way to specify a currency other than US$ and that you are limited to using the account to product/service offerings that are contained on enom's site or the RR page.

DeCal

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hmmm, thanks.
Enom is out of the question. Does any know of a uk company that offers a merchant account for web sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom