Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Enom credits / refill account

Status
Not open for further replies.

4tex

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I use opensrs for my domains but have one on an enom account that I have been trying to renew - it expired on 10th of this month, is there anyway around paying enom $100 as this seems to be a waste of $91 when I only want to renew one domain.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

Rog.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can you get the account changed to retail, that way you will only need to pay a one-off $8.99 or whatever the single cost might be.

4tex

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mr Webname,
How do I change to retail?

Rog.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You need to contact your reseller and ask him to change it to a retail account - he can easily do that (but he can't change it back to reseller).
Alternatively if you can still access your name to "push" it, I can setup a retail account for you and you can push it there.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If You have reseller account, simply create Your own sub retail account "push" it, then renew in retail account and then "push" back to Your reseller account.

4tex

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys,
I tried pushing to a retail account that I created after you recommended this and got the following message...

"This domain name is expired and cannot be updated"

I kind of expected a message like that anyway, I am now contacting the person who created the reseller account to see if they can change it into a retail account for me, if that is not possible is there anyway to add funds to the retail account I created then update the registration from there or actually transfer the funds from reseller account to retail?

Many thanks,

Rog.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 4tex
is there anyway to add funds to the retail account I created then update the registration from there or actually transfer the funds from reseller account to retail?

Many thanks,

Rog.

I don't think you can do that either - just a suggestion - why not add the $100 to save your name, then push it to the retail account. Then offer the reseller account for sale with the remaining funds in it, thus recouping your change?
This assumes that you don't want the reseller account and would be happy to sell it, whilst retaining the retail account uder the reseller buyer.

4tex

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
How about this one..
Would it be possible for the person who created the reseller account to update the registration for me?

Thanks,

Rog.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't think so - it's not his name so he won't have access to the billing for your account. It's either pay $100 or lose it I think - only hope is to sell the account with funds in IMO.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would suggest he refills the acct. Pay the renewal cost.

And, use up the rest of the money with new registrations.

I am also assuming it probably is a $ 8.95 reseller acct.
And, that is why he doesn't want to use the Enom acct. Since,
you can get a better deal elsewhere.

It also depends on how valuable the name is?

If it is worthless or low value. You could "take the chance" to
let it drop.

And, if it is worth $ 60 to 250. Then, he might want to try to save it.

4tex

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi actnow,
Yes it is a 8.95 reseller account - not worried about the 8.95 reg free as I would pay more at opensrs - I simply did not want to put $100 dollars into an account and then use $8.95 of the balance.

I was hoping that it would be possible to change the account from a reseller to a retail but have no idea if this is possible or not.

Cheers,

Rog.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
{Edit - in fact I don't think that your reseller can change reseller to retail - sorry for the mis-information.}

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by 4tex
I was hoping that it would be possible to change the account from a reseller to a retail but have no idea if this is possible or not.

eNom does NOT allow you to change a reseller account into a retail account. eNom DOES permit you to change a retail account into a reseller. If you follow that logic, once an account is created as a reseller account OR the retail account it converted to a reseller account, it is impossible to change it back.

-Bob

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bob is correct.

ddent

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
4tex, if you want you can PayPal me the $8.95+2.9%+0.30 and I will ask eNom to transfer 8.95 from my balance to yours...

Daniel

4tex

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Daniel,
Do you think enom will do that?
Thanks,
Rog.

4tex

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update for anyone who reads this thread...

Daniel / ddent helped a great deal, I sent him funds via paypal and he ask enom to transfer 8.95 to my account.

Worked a treat and solved the problem.

So a big thank you to Daniel/ddent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom