Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

enom: domain loses contact details when pushed or transferred

Status
Not open for further replies.

snakelord

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else had this problem?
I have recently been pushing a lot of domains to a sub-account, and a lot of them lost the original contact details and were changed to the sub-account contact details.
And yes I did select the option to retain the existing whois details, which is confirmed by the fact that it did not happen to all the domains that were part of the same bulk push, only some of them.

I have also noticed it happen when transferring domains as well.

Clearly this is a big issue as it means the customer then will not get any renewal notifications, they will come to me instead, and I then have to go and track down the correct contact details for every domain.

Enom have given their usual lame response, "we have forwarded it to our developers", which in my experience means nothing will get done for 6 months if at all.
I have to say that for the couple of years I have been using enom, I have been constantly disappointed by their support.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
What was the TLD? I've had problems with .org and .us but not with others.

snakelord

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
numerous, .com .net .co.uk

there doesn't appear to be any rule to it.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else had this problem?
I have recently been pushing a lot of domains to a sub-account, and a lot of them lost the original contact details and were changed to the sub-account contact details.
And yes I did select the option to retain the existing whois details, which is confirmed by the fact that it did not happen to all the domains that were part of the same bulk push, only some of them.

I have also noticed it happen when transferring domains as well.

Clearly this is a big issue as it means the customer then will not get any renewal notifications, they will come to me instead, and I then have to go and track down the correct contact details for every domain.

Enom have given their usual lame response, "we have forwarded it to our developers", which in my experience means nothing will get done for 6 months if at all.
I have to say that for the couple of years I have been using enom, I have been constantly disappointed by their support.

hi

when you push domains to any other account in Enom, you should have received an email to confirm theis.

you can use those emails to find out which names were sent to who.

you can look in your sub account list by "email addresses" and then send them a general notice to update whois with their info.

snakelord

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The email confirmations do not show the original contact details, only what was pushed. I already know what account they were pushed to as I pushed them.
I cannot email the domain owners as I have lost the contact details, this is the point.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Happens to me also, but usually with .US. And I make absolutely sure to update the contact info when I receive them, and again before I transfer them out. Their system simply doesn't do it sometimes. I have had to ask them to manually change the info for me more than once.

snakelord

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The workaround they gave me is to set all the contacts to custom before pushing.
So it would seem that the problem must be having the contact set to "account billing" originally causes it to inherit the account billing of the user being pushed to.

The workaround they gave me is to set all the contacts to custom before pushing.
So it would seem that the problem must be having the contact set to "account billing" originally causes it to inherit the account billing of the user being pushed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom