Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

enom Enom domains expired Parking

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Enom.
Status
Not open for further replies.

odette

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi
I have a problem with enom. As reseller, and registring domains for customer there, i have the problem with my customer now.
When they want to delete a domainname or when they dont want to renew the domain, enom set their DNS and forward the domain to a Parking site, where enom earn money.
The problem is: The whois of the domain doesnt change.
And many customer are calling me each time, asking why they are in whois and why we forward this site to parking. they want that the site get offline.

i allready wrote to the support of enom, but the answer was nothing. they didnt understand me, or they didnt want to understand. no idea.

now my question:
did anyone find any solution for this problem?

if you didnt find any solution, and enom will not change this methode soon.
can you suggest any other registrar, for reseller.
registrar doenst contact the domain owner, and who allow domain deleting automaticly when the reseller click on "delete domain"

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What you should do is change the who is information, once the client decided not to renew the domain...

I have never come across this problem.. if you PM me more details I will speak with my account manager at enom and get some clarification for you.

odette

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thank you for the answer

i emailed today my account manager, waiting for his answer now.
the email for the support didnt help.
but i got an email automaticly from my account manager saying:
Thank you for contacting me. I am out of the office until Monday 4/8/2005. I will not be available to reply to voicemail or emails received during that time.

While I am out you can submit your query to [email protected] or use the eNom support Center for all technical issues.

i wonder if he forget all the time to turn the autoreply off, or if he left the company.
i will wait some hours more, than write them again if no one here get any solution yet for this.

About changing the whois.
yes this is possible, but it takes 1-2 minute per domain :(

taheria

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
odette said:
thank you for the answer

i emailed today my account manager, waiting for his answer now.
the email for the support didnt help.
but i got an email automaticly from my account manager saying:
Thank you for contacting me. I am out of the office until Monday 4/8/2005. I will not be available to reply to voicemail or emails received during that time.

While I am out you can submit your query to [email protected] or use the eNom support Center for all technical issues.

i wonder if he forget all the time to turn the autoreply off, or if he left the company.
i will wait some hours more, than write them again if no one here get any solution yet for this.

About changing the whois.
yes this is possible, but it takes 1-2 minute per domain :(

Did this ever get resolved? From what I understand the whios stays the same as it allows the previous registrant and ONLY the previous registrant to recover the domain name should they change their mind as is their right as per the Icann standards. Enom themselves hold a 30 day grace period once the domain expires, and they change the dns to something else to alert the customer in a last ditch effort (since they ignored or never got the 3 warning emails enom was sending for a month before the domain expires) that the domain is expired in case it wasnt intentional.

In the case it was intentional, the DNS is changed since you no longer want to use the domain name at this time - but you still have the grace period.

Once the domain goes into redemption (RGP) the dns should be removed altogether and will resolve to nothing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom