Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

ENOM Fiasco

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A few days ago I did a support request at ENOM to have my account "purged" which is to remove any domains from my account that have been transferred out.

My account said I had 360 domains when I really only had 30-40 and it was a pain to try to manage.

Yesterday I got an email saying the purge was done and when I logged in - ALL of my domains were gone.

I've been trying for 2 days with no luck to get my names that are really still at ENOM back into my account.

Anyone that uses ENOM for their main registrar is OUT OF THEIR MINDS!

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
purged was found in the Cambridge Dictionary of American English at the entries listed below.

purge (RID)
purge (REMOVE)

Maybe they took you literally!
Personally I've never had any expired/pushed names left in my account.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nitronet said:
A few days ago I did a support request at ENOM to have my account "purged" which is to remove any domains from my account that have been transferred out.

My account said I had 360 domains when I really only had 30-40 and it was a pain to try to manage.

Yesterday I got an email saying the purge was done and when I logged in - ALL of my domains were gone.

I've been trying for 2 days with no luck to get my names that are really still at ENOM back into my account.

Anyone that uses ENOM for their main registrar is OUT OF THEIR MINDS!

I've had "ghost" domains before with Dotster and Register Fly, but I never had this with Enom. You had 300+ domains that were in your Enom account but had been transferred to other registrars? Does the whois info for ths missing domains still show you?

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nitronet said:

Huh? Shouldn't those domains truly be gone from your account after they've
transferred out of eNom?

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
enom's email customer support which I actually find rather friendly, is based (outsourced) from India I think.
They may well have took it literary that you wanted your domains purged (removed).
In any case, they can bring them back as if they are older than 5 days, they have to go through the delete cycle.
Maybe its best to call their support team on the phone.

chatcher

Crazy Chuck
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nitronet said:

I have had lots of ghost domain names at eNom (names transferred out but not deleted from my eNom account). I just push them to another eNom account. (I created an eNom account called "deleted" and psuh them there and forget about them.)

I wouldn't ask eNom to do it because of the risk of a screw-up (as you have proved first hand). Hopefully they didn't actually delete your existing names from the registry, and can restore them to your account.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Never had any ghosts with Enom.

poulos

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had one gost domain with Enom
one with namecheap and one with register fly

they were all orgs,

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom