Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

eNom has got the most annoying parking pages out there with right in your face pop up

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guess what... eNom has got the most annoying parking pages out there with right in your face pop up ads on their domains as soon as you wanna leave

So I'm looking through some of my domain lists and I visit one of my domains which looks like it expired a while back and eNom kept for themselves, obviously because it has traffic... I had it developed for a couple of years. Forgot to renew... Oops! It happens.. So anyways, the domain is rafaelnadal.org and I discover something pretty interesting. A new and unique domain parking setup. Very annoying... Visit the domain and see for yourself. As soon as you try to click back or close the window, it will pop up a window and cancel out that action and ask you to either confirm your exit, click on an ad or stay on that page and continue to browse pay per click ads from Yahoo.

That sure is annoying, don't you think? I don't recall seeing this type of setup on any parked domain page... Ever! It works in both Internet Explorer and Firefox too. Also on the right column immediately when you visit the page they are showing a few Commission Junction affiliate ads... Hmm. I didn't know it was allowed to blend in outside affil ads with domain names that are setup and Yahoo powered. This is definitely something new. I also do not recall ever seeing this. Two new things from eNom and Yahoo. I also found this to work on another domain after some quick research... The second domain is panamaintros.com and there may be many others out there.

Talk about parked domains hated by the general public as is... What will this do? I can't believe Yahoo approved this at all... Or did they?!!?

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is a reason I moved my domains out of enom. I don't like giving my competitors money and when you keep expired domains while using many registrars to hoard/taste domains you are a competitor. It makes me laugh how many domainers use their competitors.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is a reason I moved my domains out of enom. I don't like giving my competitors money and when you keep expired domains while using many registrars to hoard/taste domains you are a competitor. It makes me laugh how many domainers use their competitors.

Since demand media took over enom things just went downhill... for domainers and resellers anyways

i am sure they are more profitable than ever before though

but thats how it goes :)

wanted to follow up.. Yahoo does indeed allow content and other stuff to be displayed on 2-click landers....most Parking companies powered by Yahoo feeds this days allow domain owners to insert customized content next to the 2-click lander links such as videos, banners or just text... still not sure though what the deal is with that annoying javascript on-exit pop

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom