Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

enom hit my card 11 times

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They just kept rebilling and rebilling and rebilling. After they finally replied to my email they said the the auth code on the card was not being accepted by the bank.

Okay, fine, maybe that was my fault but I am out $500 in 11 x $44.95 attempts until the bank cleans off the pre-authorized amounts.

So, lesson learned, keep your credit card info up to date or they will keep hitting your card for days and days.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sounds like a scene from the movie "Scripts gone wild" :-D

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They did that with me on a drop. They kept retrying until there was no credit left available and my hosting payment was denied. Apparently the "address" was written incorrectly but that's crap, my address was entered properly.

dog

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me last week :-( I had to use a different card. The domain I won kept being put back up for auction. It took them 10 days to put the domain into my account. I emailed enom support 7 times before issue was resolved.

YNOT

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Who do I contact for help? Is there a number or email of a specific person at ENOM who can deal with billing directly?

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem is enom's billing software. This type of practice is simply abusive. I can see trying to bill a card once a day, but in my case it was one attempt after another.

I don't know if their billing people will be able to help or not.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wonder if yahoo's billing department is set up the same way at enom. A similar thing happened to me with yahoo, except they hit my credit card 16 (count em) times in a row. When I requested a refund, it took well over 90 days for "assurance purposes", and I only saw half of it back.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm so Enom could charge the card 111 times :laugh:

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since, Enom uses Paypal as their clearing house. I wonder if the error was with
Enom or Paypal?

That's an excellent question.

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Finally got the issue resolved. I had to use a different card but the card on file with them works everywhere else. I want to add that the email and phone customer service was not very helpful and borderline rude.

I now have a much lower opinion of enom, kind of how I feel about namewinner. Too bad enom.

Are you in trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom