Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

enom eNom, Inc. acquired by group led by former MySpace.com chairman

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Enom.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rileez

I Blame /.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
May 1, 2006

eNom, Inc. announced today it has been acquired by Demand Media, Inc., a new company headed by former MySpace.com chairman Richard Rosenblatt. Details of the transaction were published on the front page of the May 1 Wall Street Journal.

"For eNom's valued network of resellers and retail customers, the acquisition represents no changes to existing relationships," assured Paul Stahura, eNom founder and CEO and new President and Chief Operating Officer of Demand Media. "eNom will continue to offer best-of-brand domain name and related Internet services under its own name and platform. Capital from our acquisition will accelerate our commitment to grow our core business and enhance its infrastructure enabling us to offer an even more robust suite of services."

http://www.enom.com/inthenews.asp?pr=060501demandmedia

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
byalik said:
Thats the same guy that owns flashgames.com, which is making him $150k a month

I believe it's $150k/year.

rileez

I Blame /.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And thats from parking on sedo?

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As I have mentioned, DemandMedia's own strategy is to acquire more valuable generic domain names for their own portfolio. I believe there is a slight conflict of interest here. Would it be a bad thing to them if say some valuable names expire by accident only to become owned by them. Would be curious to hear some thoughts on this potential issue.

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lets hope they dont F&^K up a good service.

rileez

I Blame /.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameYourself said:
As I have mentioned, DemandMedia's own strategy is to acquire more valuable generic domain names for their own portfolio. I believe there is a slight conflict of interest here. Would it be a bad thing to them if say some valuable names expire by accident only to become owned by them. Would be curious to hear some thoughts on this potential issue.
Being a strong clup drop user lately this would be a big worry to me and have strongly thought about them doing such. If it has came through yours and I minds then I am pretty sure they have thought the same.
typeins said:
Lets hope they dont F&^K up a good service.
!!!!!

internext

Got Internet?
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not happy about this deal. I hope it works out but I am very skeptical of their intent as well.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since they are apparently in the domain acquisition business too it would seem to be a great temptation for them to not go ahead and capture the better names (especially gaming names) their Club Drop subsidiary gets for their own account. I may be wrong in thinking that but it definately seems possible.

Explorer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
trader said:
Since they are apparently in the domain acquisition business too it would seem to be a great temptation for them to not go ahead and capture the better names (especially gaming names) their Club Drop subsidiary gets for their own account. I may be wrong in thinking that but it definately seems possible.

It might upset some customers, but that wouldn't break any laws, would it?

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've always been an advocate of eNom, ever since i moved all my names there years ago but the most disturbing thing about enom lately to be honest isnt this, it was something i foundout a week or 2 ago as i went through one of my accounts and manually checked 600 or so domain names.

It seems that enom now as soon as your domain expires they point the names to their landing pages, we all know that.. But when you renew the domain it still points to their landing page giving you no credit for however long until you manually go in and change the IP settings back ( If you are using their DNS )

Now on my main account thats no problem as most domains have several years credit, but on the other accounts sometimes i dont have my eye on the names and they may slip into expired mode for a week till i login and take care of it.. What this makes me wonder is how many peoples domains they have pointing to their pages without them knowing it?..

I know the system never used to work like this, as soon as you renewed the name it would go back to its original settings.. this has just recently changed it seems!

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Time to find the other place for my Enom domains before it sinks.

internext

Got Internet?
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What deal does Moniker have for us? And how do we get it?

Thanks!

stevesko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Monte spends a lot of time here, I am surprised that he didn't jump in earlier...

I am very happy with Moniker, in the process of switching all my domains..

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom