Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Enom jumping into the pool.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocajohnh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:angry:

Just got sucked into Enom's new private auction. I thought I had won 7+ domain names today as I was high bidder, and they were caught by enom. But NOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOhhhh... Their new Pool.com-like PRIVATE AUCTION has gone into effect, and now I have to join the bidding over the next 3 days on the names.

Man, ain't it the case that their sweet little "New" article doesn't mention, "Hey don't bother with pricing and prioritizing and budgeting and the 1:00 PM auction time. Just get a $2 bid in and screw the high bidder."

Okay, so I might have noticed this if I had actually read the notice. I thought it was just for "resellers" who bid, enom caught (surprise!) and then the "reseller" didn't pay. No, after a fine reading, that's their "public" auction.

And I've got some non-auction ones that I won at values greater than $2. Do you think I'll get my money back? Time will tell.

Any law against posting the names here, and deciding who gets what? There's less than 5 bidders on most of mine. Can we at least agree to not go poolstal on the prices?

[/VENT]
Okay, so I guess you just bid $2 now, and you'll get in the auction, no?

Anyone else seen this coming? Obviously I was blindsided. Guess its been a hot topic in the Exclusive forum :cheesy: , I missed it in the Platinum one...

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Man they must not catch ANYTHING that I put on my list as I have never gone to the new auctions with enom!!!!

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wasn't even aware enom has put anything other than a bidding process into effect... thought the person with the highest bid at the closing bell wins. Is this something new? I guess I missed it.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Going "poolstal"

Loved that line as much as I do the "comies"

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
Going "poolstal"

Loved that line as much as I do the "comies"

I like it too!

always read ......the fineprint!

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
bocajohnh said:
:angry: Just got sucked into Enom's new private auction.

Yeah, I don't bother with their stupid little auction service.

I didn't use it when it was $99/mo (and never caught anything), and I don't use it now.

I did, however, try it once -after it went to the auction format ...but something about just throwing out a high number that bugged me. That is a lame way to hold an auction. And now, with the new, double-auction. C'mon.

I already sent a flame email to the VP of Marketing over at eNom and spelled out what was wrong with their process and how they need to fix it.

But this wasn't what I had in mind. Very disappointed in the marketing minds of businesses today.

-Wesley

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just started using club drop once it became free. The $99 fee was absurd.

Actually won a few of the private auctions today. Also noticed yesterday that there are dozens of domains in public auction that I can't imagine anyone actually picked... makes me wonder if they don't just take their list and reg all the name then put whatever they got up for public auction.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Enom beat NW on the only two names I had listed today at NW, with no enom competitors. I picked up WeekendCamping.com today for reg +$2 when it was up to $40 bid at NW. I wouldn't have paid the $60 at pool for these, but it was worth what I paid today. The other one was PickYourWebName.com. Not exactly worth pool prices, but I can easily get $40-50 for it. You just need to have use restraint. If these went to auction I would probably have let them go.

Yes there is an auction, but it's still more in the price range of NW than pool with the chance to get a name for reg plus $2 when there are no other bidders. Just DON"T bid more than +$2 before they grab the name and it's no problem. You can always up it if they catch the drop. I think it's overly complicated, but you just have to learn the rules and play them. I just started using club drop this week in hopes to beat the higher pool prices.

You do have to be a reseller on enom to participate still, but there is no longer a monthly fee. I'd be happy set anyone up as an $8.95 subreseller if interested in participating. Just PM me with a requested username. No charge from me, but you do have to fund the enom account with $100 to start when you activate the account for registrations or club drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom