Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Enom Messed W/ My Domain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurf

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
My website Hackuh.com was working fine for about a week and I was just about done working on it then a couple days ago I got a message saying that it couldn't find the server. So I contacted my hosting company and they said it was something with the registrar. I contacted NameCheap.com and they said that Enom set my domain to lock status for the DNS. Does anyone know why this might have happened? NameCheap told me to contact them at [email protected]

Domain Days 2024

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think enom buts domains on hold with spam activities.

smurf

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I haven't spammed the site at all. And I don't know what the complaint would be for, everyone that went to it found it to be a very useful site.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
smurf said:
I haven't spammed the site at all. And I don't know what the complaint would be for, everyone that went to it found it to be a very useful site.

but someone used Your email to spam! And now You have to explain to enom, that You are not the spammer. been there and done it. But my domain is still inactive

tm3500

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Enom has acted like that before, they put the domain of one of my clients on REGISTRAR-HOLD without any notice, and only unlocked it weeks later after massive legal threats.

The reason given by them? A (fake) spam complaint which was probably made by a competitor.

After that incident, I moved all my domains away from enom and have been advising everyone to do likewise.

smurf

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
they put it on lock because of bad whois information? now i gotta send another email to [email protected] telling them that i changed it then i get my domain back. I never thought this was a problem since all my domains just have random stuff for the whois.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No. If your whois info is not accurate and current it could even be grounds for ultimate deletion of the domain name. Be careful.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
using false or unreacheable whois info has much wider implicationas and problems that are at first apparent.
changing the info after the action will usually have not much of an effect.
you are lucky it was with Enom.
Some other registrars would have simply shut you off and you would have had to kiss the site goodbye.
I do not agree with the (now fact) that registrars can do this, it used to be limited to the hosts of a server carrying a domain.
but things have changed.
This is why I would suggest using a registrar that isnt as big as Enom (unless you are a direct ETP).
a certain Moniker comes to mind....

mppedersen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
smurf said:
they put it on lock because of bad whois information? now i gotta send another email to [email protected] telling them that i changed it then i get my domain back. I never thought this was a problem since all my domains just have random stuff for the whois.

Why would you just put random stuff in the whois? I get emails all the time reminding me to keep it current or the domain may be deleted per the TOS. One of the registrars (don't remember who) sent me an email with a link in it to verify a valid email address. If I did not verify they would have deleted it.

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wtf.. registrars holding domains because of reported spam???

They have no right to do that at all!

mppedersen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
typeins said:
wtf.. registrars holding domains because of reported spam???

They have no right to do that at all!

I think he said it was fake whois not spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom