Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Enom: New Owner, Same Arrogance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Many times when I call the 425.274-4500 number (The original owner must have been to cheap to provide his customers with a toll-free number! As a matter of fact, the original owner seems to have been to cheap to provide nearly anything for his customers to make their lives a little bit easier!) the keypad numbers (#1, #2, #3 [support], etc) are invariably ineffective in ending the voice recording and in connecting one to the department one was seeking. This occurs almost everytime Enom is a little busy! In other words, one does not get a busy signal, one instead gets through, pays for the call but gets nothing! And then there are those wonderful times when you press #3 on your keypad for support and it rings and it rings and it rings--never to be answered! He most definitely was to cheap to purchase a "time remaining" feature!

What a bunch of arrogant miscreants!

Domain Days 2024

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am now waiting for over a week for right auth codes for domains that where caught with enom club drop. Still nothing. They are close to expire.

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had a "support case" closed this morning and now I cannot open it to comment or reply. I have to start all over again! And the son-of-a-bitch that was working it just arbitrarily declared that the problem was solved and then he just closed it! That's what I'm talking about!

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wm,

Regarding a closed ticket, same thing happened to me over the weekend.
Plus, they gave me a useless response.

When a company gets too big, customer service goes out the window.

Hello Richard,

That's it exactly! Most of the support staff act as if they're godly in nature, utterly infallible and thoroughly indisputable! Well I'm finally pulling their goddamn covers! They're ass-wipes and they're treating us like dirt!

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
eNom customer service went downhill in recent months in my opinion.

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i'm moving my names to moniker as we speak.

silhouette

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
went downhill in recent months in my opinion.
if my memory still serves me good, their CS has never been that impressive.

after e N o m changed hand, all they know, to reward their loyal customers, is to increase their prices... quietly :)

..no flame..

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i'm moving my names to moniker as we speak.

Just to let you know, they also going to the same direction. Though I'm not sure about the service yet.

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hear you watcher, although they still seem to have good service. And they are out actively promoting the service and at shows etc which makes me think / hope that they won't go down the same road as enom.

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker's service is absolutely incomparable!! No one else out there even comes close!!

Have you used their escrow service last Traffic?
If you haven't, then I will keep my issue with me.

Bottom line, either services have issues. At this time, no perfect solution for domaineer.

My 2 cents.

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have you used their escrow service last Traffic [sic]?

I never have used it before.

But I'm referring instead to all the standard services that are normally provided by a registrar. In these, they have no equal!!

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Like I heard and saw then moniker renewed all domains by mistake:

I quote someone :
Just called Moniker after seeing three domains renew today that were not scheduled until February of 2007. Normally a domain renewal is attempted 14 days before expiration as long as auto-renewal is on. I was told they were testing a new script and it renewed all domains set to renew as long as there was enough prepaid funds on account at Moniker. I only had about $50 in prepaid funds but they renewed a domain I did not want to renew so we will see what happens. I was told to write an email to express what I would like done.

I would imagine if this happened across all accounts that there could be some very upset folks. You may want to check if you have a Moniker account.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is the Enom site down for people - I can login but cant get the auth codes for my domains.

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is the Enom site down for people - I can login but cant get the auth codes for my domains.

Sometimes "General Settings" doesn't load. And about 1-2 times out of 10 the auth codes are not even there. (Every once in a while though, there will be a "request auth code" instead; click on it and the code will appear!)

But the real problem is this: So far--half of the time!--the codes are the wrong ones and then they have to be resynched by someone in support. (You cannot call for this; you must fill out a support ticket!) Then you will have to provide the receiving registrar with the new codes so that they can then resubmit the transfer!! If Enom was intentionally trying to stem the flow of transfers out they could not have chosen a more efficient method!!

shaolinmonk

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been with enom for over five years now and have over 13,000 domains registered with them yet I still get treated like a waste of space. They simply don't give a damm about me or my account. I've stayed with them simply because they had (I repeat 'had) a great domain admin system that made it relatively easy to manage my portfolio, and of course price - 6.95 is hard to beat given the tools available. But since the purchase of BR the whole platform has virtually seized up, so the tech advantage they had over competitors has now passed. I'd love to move out the portfolio en masse, if only I could find a simple means of generating and then inputting 13,000 Auth Codes now needed to effect a transfer!

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been with enom for over five years now and have over 13,000 domains registered with them yet I still get treated like a waste of space. They simply don't give a damm about me or my account. I've stayed with them simply because they had (I repeat 'had) a great domain admin system that made it relatively easy to manage my portfolio, and of course price - 6.95 is hard to beat given the tools available. But since the purchase of BR the whole platform has virtually seized up, so the tech advantage they had over competitors has now passed. I'd love to move out the portfolio en masse, if only I could find a simple means of generating and then inputting 13,000 Auth Codes now needed to effect a transfer!

Sorry to hear about your pain.

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Whoa, what a freakin' nightmare scenario!

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Hey man, I guarantee if you get in touch with someone from Moniker they will take care of you. (I dont work for them).

Sometimes "General Settings" doesn't load. And about 1-2 times out of 10 the auth codes are not even there. (Every once in a while though, there will be a "request auth code" instead; click on it and the code will appear!)

But the real problem is this: So far--half of the time!--the codes are the wrong ones and then they have to be resynched by someone in support. (You cannot call for this; you must fill out a support ticket!) Then you will have to provide the receiving registrar with the new codes so that they can then resubmit the transfer!! If Enom was intentionally trying to stem the flow of transfers out they could not have chosen a more efficient method!!

lol, sure enough, just heard back from Moniker and my codes are wrong. What a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom