Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Enom .Org Registration/Transfer "status"

Status
Not open for further replies.

domains

ComDeals.com - World-class domains for sale.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have two Dot Orgs at Enom,,,one I just registered at Enom, and another one transferred there. Both whois say:

Registrar: R39-LROR
WhoisServer: whois.enom.com
ReferralURL www.enom.com
CLIENT RENEW PROHIBITED,:confused:
CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED,:confused:
CLIENT UPDATE PROHIBITED,:confused:
TRANSFER PROHIBITED:confused:

Ouch! Why does Enom display this status?

I have another Dot Org at Stargate. The whois says this:

Registrar: R123-LROR
WhoisServer: whois.stargateinc.com
ReferralURL: www.stargateinc.com

Anyone know why Enom does this, but other's don't?
Thanks!

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Seems like the transfer lock, try unlock it and check again. I wouldn't border too much myself, as my sites are working.

ddent

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have to say I love their eNom's fax transfer service...

I had a client recently who had a domain name for which he no longer had access to the email address he had listed (old dynamic DNS server he didn't renew).

He was planning on switching it to my services, and rather then have a fight with his current registrar he was able to simply sign a sheet of paper. Talk about convenience... (though I am afraid I can see serious potential for abuse.. not my problem/in my control I suppose anyway).

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Here is a summary of the error messages I've received regarding .ORG's.

xxxxx.org Canceled - Domain is locked at current registrar

xxxxx.org Canceled - Domain is locked at current registrar, or is not yet 60 days old

Note: The .ORG domain is not locked and has been registered for 14 months.

Dr.

M

mole

The .org migration wasn't as smooth sailing as Afilias PR'ed it, it seems. The whois is in a mess when I checked today. There is no central .org whois registry anymore :dead: Afilias/PIR claims that they will convert .org from a thin to a thick registry "sometime this year", meantime expect strange readings.

George recommended http://www.betterwhois.com . Seems to be working fine.

domains

ComDeals.com - World-class domains for sale.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To look up a Dot Org, I go to www.PIR.org. A whois search there will not display the owner, but it will show the registrar. Then I do a whois at the registrar to find the owner.

So... You're right, it's not smooth at all. In fact, it's a mess. But that's to be expected I guess. Still very disappointing that the implementation is so pathetically poor.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by domains
To look up a Dot Org, I go to www.PIR.org. A whois search there will not display the owner, but it will show the registrar. Then I do a whois at the registrar to find the owner.
I'm digging my DomainState toolbar ( http://domainstate.com/toolbar/ ). The .org whois seems to work fine through that website as well. I have to say its been a tie between my Google toolbar and that as to which has been the most handiest day-in-day-out. safesys only has it return results from the following tld's though: .com .net .org .info .biz .uk .tv .au .us .de .ca

~ Nexus

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom