Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Enom reseller vs DirectI reseller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfarin

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey all;
just wondering, what's the difference between enom reseller and directi reseller? I already have a 6.95 directi reseller and I'm considering on aquiring an enom reseller, but is there really the need to do so? What's the difference between the two (assuming that pricing are the same)?

Thanks in advance.

Cecilia

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have both enom and directi reseller accounts - and personally I prefer the interface of enom - however directi may be just a matter of getting used to it. I like the freedom of refilling my account with directi with as little or as much of a fill as i'd like - whereas the limitations of having to refill 100 dollars with enom each time is a downer for me - If you register mass quantities of domains however then I doubt that that would be a problem for you.
Why not grab one of those free 8.95 accounts and take a tour through it and get a feel for the interface before making your decision?

jeffhuang

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
for me, I prefer enom in any cases. because directi is not cheap at all if you take their dns service fee and email forwarding fee into account. anyway, this is only my personal opinion.

FusionX

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jeffhuang said:
for me, I prefer enom in any cases. because directi is not cheap at all if you take their dns service fee and email forwarding fee into account. anyway, this is only my personal opinion.

Couldn't agree more with your comment.

FusionX

Alfarin

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jeff, what exactly are these fees you spoke of? I see in my reseller account that I can register domains at 6.95 and there were no mentioning of other fees. How much are they usually?

parabola

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DNS service and email forwarding are listed as extra fees on the reseller menu (front page, if I am remembering correctly).

Also, if you check the DirectI forums themselves, you'll see the kinds of problems that many resellers are facing with service and support.

Alfarin

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You mean these?

Managed DNS Service allows you to manage DNS Zone records for your domain name. You can Add / Modify / Delete A, CNAME, MX, NS and SOA records for your domain name for ONLY USD 0.61 per year
You can forward all email addressed to anything@ yourdomain.com to any destination email addresses of your choice. We offer the most feature packed Mail Forwarding service at ONLY USD 0.61 per year
Domain Forwarding is used to forward any visitors to your domain name to any destination of your choice. We offer the most feature packed Domain forwarding service at ONLY USD 0.61 per year

If so, they don't affect me because all I need is enter my ns and let zone edit/alike service take care of that :)

jeffhuang

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Alfarin said:
You mean these?

yes, I mean those two stuff.

more than half of my customers need DNS service and some of them need email forwarding service. for a reseller, enom is a better choice.

arindra

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
every service provider has one problem or the other from their end users . No doubt.
I am a directi reseller , the problem is they have lots of stuff promised .... which they launch or try to launch to fast without adequate beta testing , which gives rise to several errors many times a day .

diederik

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DirectI isn't bad, but I hate their interface - it's terrible.
That's why I transferred my names out of there. Good thing about DirectI is pretty good and personal support, and their prices.

parabola

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I didn't make it past the interface, the scores of emails sent when I first signed-on, and resellers posting continual problems on the Directi forums. Granted that every service provider does have its own special problems, all these together led me to keep looking elsewhere.

TrafficMonsterRRR

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Alfarin said:
Hey all;
just wondering, what's the difference between enom reseller and directi reseller? I already have a 6.95 directi reseller and I'm considering on aquiring an enom reseller, but is there really the need to do so? What's the difference between the two (assuming that pricing are the same)?

Thanks in advance.
How did you get directi $6.95? FRom their site, it appears is is either $6.99 or $6.75 with $675 deposit.

Cecilia

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i got my 6.75 one from Nationhosts at namepro forums.

cjj

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How much does it cost in both cases for a reseller account?

Alfarin

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got my 6.95 for free from someone on another forum. Basically, they probably got a 6.75 account (or even cheaper), and they just give lots of cheap subaccounts, so whenever we purchase a domain through them, they get some profits.

111media

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a $6.95 eNom reseller, a Directi reseller and about 25 other accounts at various registrars. eNom is by far the best. GoDaddy and Directi are okay, but eNom is easier to use IMHO. The downside to an eNom $6.95 is getting one because they generally go for a premium of $100 to $200 if you can find one for sale. I paid $150 for mine and I would do it again in a hearbeat. My DirectI account was free, but I don't use it anymore.

Good luck!

Alfarin said:
I got my 6.95 for free from someone on another forum. Basically, they probably got a 6.75 account (or even cheaper), and they just give lots of cheap subaccounts, so whenever we purchase a domain through them, they get some profits.

cjj

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well then this is an official plea for a cheap reseller account at enom??

Anyone???? . . . . . . . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom