Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Enom Scam !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is a new ENOM scam !!

evenso enom told us that starting today a 30 point min bid is required to get into private auction - THESE LAIRS !!!

people who did not make the 30 point bid are also in the private auctions !!

(also i you are the only person who bid 30 points you would be the only person in a private auction ???)

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH ENOM ????

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"30 Point Premium Bid
As of today, in order to be eligible to participate in private auctions, a minimum bid of 30 Points is required for all domains on your Club Drop list. This will apply to the drops on Tuesday, February 8th or later. See our FAQ for more information on this change."

here is the quote from enom's auction page

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Scam? Why don't you contact them and tell them what they implemented is not working.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah, simply tell them their current lies aren't working, and they should try harder in devising another b.s.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You are making an unfounded accusation.

As earlier suggested, contact them, perhaps there was an error?

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit puzzled as well, I have like names which I added to my CD list the other day prior to this increase and they still show 10 point bids, which they should as thats all i'm willing to pay.

I'm wondering now if eNom will bump those names up to 30 point bids or not.

Its not very clear I'd have to say...

bocajohnh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tippy said:
I'm a bit puzzled as well, I have like names which I added to my CD list the other day prior to this increase and they still show 10 point bids, which they should as thats all i'm willing to pay.

I'm wondering now if eNom will bump those names up to 30 point bids or not.

Its not very clear I'd have to say...
Yesterday was the first day they attempted to implement their new rules. Failures to work as advertised on the first day is hardly a scam, buggy, not working as advertised, yes. I strongly suggest that all readers stay away from Club Drop for at least next 30 days. :evil:

Tippy, enom wil not bump your bids up, you have to do that, or risk not getting in the auction.

If you don't want to pay more than $10 for a name, that's fine. I had some like that yesterday. Some I won, so I must have been the only one bidding. Another name I bid $30, and got right away, so no one else must have bid on it, and I wasted $20. My other $30+ names went into auction.

The T&C states that a name with a bid less than $30 with multiple bidders is supposed to go into a PUBLIC auction. I don't think any of mine did that.

Hope this helps.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've just been billed $60 plus reg fee for a domain that I bid a $60 proxy on and was the only bidder on.

This seems wrong to me and I have submitted a support ticket.

Has this happened to anyone else?

bocajohnh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dotNetKing said:
I've just been billed $60 plus reg fee for a domain that I bid a $60 proxy on and was the only bidder on.
This seems wrong to me and I have submitted a support ticket.
Has this happened to anyone else?
IMHO, That's how its designed to work. I had one yesterday that I bid $30, and got it for $30. A link to enom's Club Drop T&C is at the bottom of this post. Here's a paste of the verbage on this particular permutaion:

Bid Permutation B. If you bid 30 eNom points or more, and if no one else bids 30 eNom points or more, and if the Expired Domain is acquired, you will be awarded the Expired Domain and charged the Bid amount and registration fees, per Section 10.

http://www.enom.com/auctions/clubdropsignup.asp

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bocajohnh said:
IMHO, That's how its designed to work. I had one yesterday that I bid $30, and got it for $30. A link to enom's Club Drop T&C is at the bottom of this post. Here's a paste of the verbage on this particular permutaion:

Bid Permutation B. If you bid 30 eNom points or more, and if no one else bids 30 eNom points or more, and if the Expired Domain is acquired, you will be awarded the Expired Domain and charged the Bid amount and registration fees, per Section 10.

http://www.enom.com/auctions/clubdropsignup.asp

I don't think so. My bid was a proxy bid during the second auction (post drop) stage, not a pre-drop "non-proxy" bid.

bocajohnh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dotNetKing said:
I don't think so. My bid was a proxy bid during the second auction (post drop) stage, not a pre-drop "non-proxy" bid.
Whoops, my reply assumed you gave me all the info. If you were the lone bidder in an auction after the drop, then that looks like a bug, and I agree you should send a support ticket.

I was pointing out that if you bid an amount greater than $30 PRE-DROP, and no one bids against you, then you will get the name at that price without an auction. So, be the lone bidder at $30, $90, or $3000, and the name is yours, for your bid amount, if no one else bids on the name pre-drop.

M

mole

bocajohnh said:
I was pointing out that if you bid an amount greater than $30 PRE-DROP, and no one bids against you, then you will get the name at that price without an auction. So, be the lone bidder at $30, $90, or $3000, and the name is yours, for your bid amount, if no one else bids on the name pre-drop.

Grief!

Why doesn't eNom just make all drops go into auction, this should clear the confusion.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a way to blackmail us into bidding 60pts instead of 10pts. In the meantime they allow for others to bid on the name as well. My suggestion is to simply use godaddy or snapnames.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wolfis: enom seemed to have fixed this now, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom