Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Enom serving popups for redirected domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mole

Has anyone here experienced this recently on their redirected domains? The ad feed seems to be coming from Zedo.:veryangry

Redirection service is slowing down to a halt with my names, must be some tampering at the backend to hook up ad servers :veryangry

Domain Days 2024

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, this explains some things if true.
Earlier today I was visiting one of my sites and when I closed it there was a pop under. I was trying to figure out where I had visited to get a pop under but was at a loss.

This sucks! Now I have to host all of my names reg'd at enom and redirect myself.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Zedo? ... are they related to Sedo?

Ron

M

mole

Togoodhlth said:
when I closed it there was a pop under.

I got the screensaver popunder, what was yours?

I verified twice that this was a popup from my address, my popup blocker stopped it and asked if I wanted to allow this, and this was from my URL.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont know what it was but my firefox pop up blocker didnt block it for some reason.
I wish I looked now.
I just visited a bunch of my redirect links and I couldnt get anything to popup or under and nothing set off my popup blocker.

Maybe it had something to do with their major downtime on Monday night and early tuesday morning??

M

mole

Togoodhlth said:
Maybe it had something to do with their major downtime on Monday night and early tuesday morning??

I'm getting very patchy redirect connects for my redirect domains right now. It's been a while since they were that patchy. I remember the last time eNom did this ad feeding on redirects, it was a very patchy period where redirects didn't connect.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have noticed this behaviour in the past with cloaked (frame) redirect. With URL redirect it's fine.

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's what happens when you have your domains with the crooks at ENOM, one of the worst registrars on the planet.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nitronet said:
That's what happens when you have your domains with the crooks at ENOM, one of the worst registrars on the planet.
True, and a shame they are getting worse by the minute. They used to be my favorite registrar, and I've spent easily upper 5 figures with them, and they still screw with my stuff. Just as easy to push names at Fabulous, built in parking and free sales services if you want, cheaper at under $5 for nets now and $6.75 for coms with no credit card charges like Enom. Like Bluehill too, and Moniker for the security.

Seems GoDaddy and Enom are in a race to screw up as much of our system as they can.

M

mole

Stocdoctor said:
Seems GoDaddy and Enom are in a race to screw up as much of our system as they can.

GoDaddy is a joke registrar. I don't think we should paint everyone with the same brush.

This ad feeding thing is really upsetting though. I don't want my visitors (few though they are :) ) to think I'm a sleeze bag trying to gazook their computers with popups. It's not about money here, if Enom thinks they should charge for professional DNS services like UltraDNS to help cover their costs, I'll be the first to line the queue.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not seeing popups at all now. I checked a bunch of domains I have redirected and it hasn't happened again.
Lets hope it was just some freak thing happening yesterday.

M

mole

Togoodhlth said:
Lets hope it was just some freak thing happening yesterday.

It was not a freak thing :worried: however to all credit, Enom has promised to get the developers not to feed ads on my cloaked redirects. I think it is a random feed which they restarted just recently.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not only the pop unders. Now all the recent catches from clubdrop resolves to eNom parking page. No matter what you set on DNS, it always go to eNom parking page for at least 3 days.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.biz said:
Not only the pop unders. Now all the recent catches from clubdrop resolves to eNom parking page. No matter what you set on DNS, it always go to eNom parking page for at least 3 days.

Its 3 days when its in enom auction, after that if You change nameservers it works.

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.biz said:

So ENOM can bid against you if its a good name.

When is everyone gonna learn, ENOM is run by a scumbag with no ethics.

NOBODY but them charges a credit card fee.

NOBODY but them charges a registration fee on top of the auction bid.

When Matt Stern was there and I thought I was being run up on an auction by a shill bidder to 20K and I wouldnt pay, he called me on the phone and told me I made the right decision. About a week later he was gone.

I now spend almost all my money at Snap and a little at Pool.

Be smart and kiss ENOM goodbye...

M

mole

Was Matt Stern fired because of that???

I guess you are referring to Paul the scumbag who has no ethics then. Perceptions are perceptions, but eNom works just fine for me. They have the best domain management interphase for organizing your domains bar none.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why don't you use your own host to redirect? Shouldn't cost you anything extra.

M

mole

nameslave said:
Why don't you use your own host to redirect? Shouldn't cost you anything extra.

huh? I like the convenience and power of the eNom DNS management system, lets you do everything all at the same place. I haven't found any all-in-one interface better.. really time saving.

If eNom wants to introduce a premium DNS management system like UltraDNS, as I said, I would be the first in line. Free isn't everything, quality and reliability is worth paying for.

With due credit, eNom support staff reply promptly and are very knowledgeable and helpful when things go wrong. They haven't failed me, so no need for concern. I'm a happy camper.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
stuff said:
Its 3 days when its in enom auction, after that if You change nameservers it works.

I configure the default DNS and A records and it had been working fine in the past years. That is after I win the domains, they are resolved within 6 hours after I receive the order confirmation email.

The problem just started last month. Some of my names take 6 days or more to resolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom