Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

eNom strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey
I recently tried to register a .com which was unregged when I checked.
I purchased it and about 10 mins later I get an email saying it didnt process the order since it was taken.
OK, so someone got it right before me...

I do it again with a different name, and guess what!
same thing.

Im SURE that it isnt a coinsidence.
What the hell!

WildCard

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Suppose someone could be sniffing your packets or something.

Or maybe it's the method you used to check it? What site did you do your whois's at? I've heard rumors of sites caching whois requests and registering the good available names.

-WC-

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I checked them with enom and godaddy
and regged them like 1 minute after I whoised

what the f uck is this!

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have the same erroe, I wanted to reg 4 .net names, I have the reseller account, and now a few hours later I got email, that says all this names vere not availabale? What`s wrong?

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
something is messed up!

WildCard

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
were they good names that would be something that might be desirable to lots of people?

Or were they odd domains that shouldn't needed a rush to register?

-WC-

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
not the kind of domains which would be regged during the 45 seconds it takes to register. TWICE!

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That most be some kind of error. Because I tryed a name that noone would take. has someone had today similar error?

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes - me! I tried to reg a name almost immediately after it became available - just a so so name. The Enom system said "processing" for over an hour - then finally told me that the name was no longer available. SInce it has happened to others today I am assuming it is some kind of glitch. However when I check the name elsewhere it is not showing up as available (and was listed as not available immediately after I placed my order). I wonder what is up!

By the way stuff - mine was a .net also (don't know why that would make any difference though)

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl
Yes - me! I tried to reg a name almost immediately after it became available - just a so so name. The Enom system said "processing" for over an hour - then finally told me that the name was no longer available. SInce it has happened to others today I am assuming it is some kind of glitch. However when I check the name elsewhere it is not showing up as available (and was listed as not available immediately after I placed my order). I wonder what is up!

By the way stuff - mine was a .net also (don't know why that would make any difference though)

same problem by me, I hope I will get the names.

DarkestWeb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Same here, picked two names at random that showed available and got the same thing, thought as you that someone saw me looking at them, turns out I guess this is a bigger problem.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
has anyone let them know?

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like whatever is happening with Enom's system is screwing up the central database. I went to Verisign and checked the availability of the name I wanted this morning. It said "Available to register" but then when I clicked Continue it said "Not available"! I would guess they are hung up by Enom and will eventually show up as available again. I doubt we will get our names unless we do the process again because their system has already closed the orders, saying the names are not available.

R

rapidtransit

If you're getting inexplicable turndowns of "available" names you might check with like hexillion.com tools to see what the registration status of the these names are.

I've lately gotten fax solicitations with an official looking form of a firm that is apparently trying to get registrations. Among others, they told me the .biz version of a nice domain I have in .net was available. I checked the registry and found that the "available" name was registered last March and is nowhere near expiration.

Or maybe, come to think of it, this is an odd way to try to solicit a buyer for a domain name. Anyone experience anything like this?

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well what do you know =)
I just got another email saying it was successful and I now have it in my eNom account.

the domainname was homedevices.com

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by icehole
well what do you know =)
I just got another email saying it was successful and I now have it in my eNom account.

the domainname was homedevices.com

Good for you! I am kind of hoping they do not turn around and put the name I tried to register in my account. I decided I don't really want it after all! Maybe it would be good if they always did this so you could think about it for a few hours! It would avoid a lot of buyer's remorse. :)

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl

Good for you! I am kind of hoping they do not turn around and put the name I tried to register in my account. I decided I don't really want it after all! Maybe it would be good if they always did this so you could think about it for a few hours! It would avoid a lot of buyer's remorse. :)

Very, very true :)

DRPiNG

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
.... behaviour has also happened to me. The question is this, am i just being paranoid or is it possible that after doing name searches by whois or other methods, someone could actually read the names i suggest and reg them b4 i do? There's been a few times i've done checks, names have been availible upon checking, but then when i try to reg they've already gone, and the trend i notice is that only the .com has gone. i'm probably just paranoid, but it is something to think about, esp now others are having simiar expirences. Anyone esle 'paranoid' too?

DRPiNG

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
eNom was being really screwy this morning. I ordered three domains and the status just sat there as processing for a long time.

I had to jet over to godaddy.com to ensure I got the domains.

DarkestWeb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep mine showed up in my account too, looks like they pushed all the orders through again that failed for whatever reason this was...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom