Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

enom eNom suck. They effectively crashed my site for a week.

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Enom.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tristanperry

Domainer & Web/Software Dev
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
About a month ago I moved hosts with my busiest website, hence I attempted to change my domain's DNS to the new host's servers.

This should have been easy... however, for some reason, when trying to change the DNS, eNom blocked this change, and instead deleted the current DNS so they were left blank. And then they prevented any future DNS changes. Which obviously meant my domain (and so website) was pointing to nothing...

Which was great fun :rolleyes: A support ticket was taken out with eNom, although they never replied to it (as far as I know, not even to this day). After looking around a bit on various forums at the time, I noticed their support times sucked in general, hence I initiated a domain transfer to another registrar (which took 5-6 days, although at least then I could set the DNS for the domain...)

My site's obviously back up now, although I was really annoyed at how eNom somehow managed to delete my domain's DNS, and then block further changes to the DNS, and then they couldn't even be bothered to reply to the support ticket taken out with them, or the two e-mails I sent them.

I eventually registered with the eNom support centre (or something like that?), after having moved the domain (thankfully) away from them. I registered a ticket with the support centre, and I received a reply in about 10 day's time, which was all "We're sorry to have let you down. We hope you'll consider us in the future" (etc).

I find it shocking that a big domain registrar like eNom can treat people like this, and also how they have such bad support times?

Anywhoo this is my story, I've tried to say the facts as best as possible (and not swear/show my true thoughts about eNom :p).

Hopefully this may prove helpful to some.
Thanks and regards,
Tristan

crossfade

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me today when I tried to change the dns. It took me couple of tries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom