Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Enom Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yep i know where you are coming from... support is crucial and some of this major registrars really get away with HORRIBLE and I mean HORRRRRRRRIBLE customer service/support... godaddy is one of my favorites because they actually have a tech support phone number that you can call and speak to somebody directly and settle your issues right on the spot!

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:
yep i know where you are coming from... support is crucial and some of this major registrars really get away with HORRIBLE and I mean HORRRRRRRRIBLE customer service/support... godaddy is one of my favorites because they actually have a tech support phone number that you can call and speak to somebody directly and settle your issues right on the spot!

Right Mike, support is horrible at many firms where they often ignore support requests. I am still waiting for replies from Enom and others sent months ago! I have also been on hold a few times at Enom as long as 1 hr and still never got it resolved.

GoDaddy is great because you can call them so easily (with normal short hold times) instead of digging searching for hidden phone numbers elsewhere.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they now resolved the issue i had, but some three e-mails and about 27 hours or so after being originally contacted.

should i feel lucky or disgusted?

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
heh, i guess not everybody has a true dedicated support team as they obviously should on-site and on-call 24/7 but i guess a day or so is not so bad compared to others...

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the worst thing is you don't get any acknowledgment back. not even autoresponder. so u r left wondering where da problem is?

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yep... thats really lame for a huge registrar like enom not to have something as simple as an auto-responder or e-mail support tracking system, maybe you should suggest they implement one... maybe in a year or two later they will finally come through :0

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had great response with enom both with phone and their online support system.....but I had one bad occurence where some stupid person allowed for a domain I owned to be deleted (or transferred) when it wasn't properly put into my account (but registered in my name in the whois) due to their (long existant) shopping cart bug and it was then given to someone at another registry for some unknown reason which they couldn't explain to me even after repeated requests to look into the issue.

It really all depends on the department you are going to and who is handling the issue really in my opinion.
But overall I've had no problems with responses.

Yoshiki

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
producer said:
yet, it has been more than 24 hrs. since i sent an important inquiry about relatively simple but IMPORTANT matter, and am yet to hear from them. in the meantime, i have also sent my pleas to three different contacts @enom and still nothing.

For an important matter, better to call their support directly along with submitting your case on-line. I had a great support from one Budi on the phone at eNom. :)

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I submit online, get the ticket #, then call. Haven't had a problem go unsolved yet, though I've only had a couple problems in the several years I've been using them.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RealNames said:
I am still waiting for replies from Enom and others sent months ago!
Waiting months for enom to answer support emails? Never heard of that. They don't answer on weekends, so if you send one Friday night, you won't get an answer til monday .. that's about the longest I've ever experienced.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains said:
Waiting months for enom to answer support emails? Never heard of that. They don't answer on weekends, so if you send one Friday night, you won't get an answer til monday .. that's about the longest I've ever experienced.

So long? I start support request in sunday and still get the answer in sunday.
No problems at all with theyre support.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stuff said:
So long? I start support request in sunday and still get the answer in sunday.
No problems at all with theyre support.

yea, my point was that's the longest i ever waited ... and now maybe they even answer on weekends ... realnames was saying he waits months ..

Iehiro

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains said:
yea, my point was that's the longest i ever waited ... and now maybe they even answer on weekends ... realnames was saying he waits months ..

Hi there,

The longest I ever waited was 4 hours with eNom.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I second that eNom sucks. One thing is very sleazy about eNom.

They let you register .ca (Canada) domains, but they don't tell you that you can not transfer these domains to anyone. You can not push them, nor you can transfer them to another Registrar. You are stuck with them. Simple as that.

And all this despite Cira (Canadian authority) freely allowing transfers and sales of Canadian domains, with the only requirement being is that those requests have to originate from registering Registrars, and since eNom doesn't have that "feature" in their system, you are screwed.

So, if you buy canadian domains with the idea to sell them or give them away to someone, you're just wasting your money giving it to those bastards.

Do not register Canadian domains with those eNom assholes, because they are not honest and upfront with you!!!

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains said:

Explanation is that it seems to depend on the issues complexity and if their regular supt system is able to handle it. If you have a common issue then their support is no doubt good. My issues involved both unlocks not working at all and also bad transfer auth codes given on orgs, and also names being listed in my acct which were long before transferred away to a different registrar.

When I called after no replies to some emails (1-hr or so on hold) I have been told those issues need to be escalated and sent to their programming dept to try and figure out the problems, which must be a programming bug. That was last yr and never heard back from them.

Rather than have some names get lost due to those issues and avoid paying their incrediblly high $29.95 renewal fee I ended up pushing them to an Enom reseller acct offered me by a domain forum mod, and paying $8.95 to renew rather than losing them or paying $29.95. That price of $8.95 is still high vs what I pay at GoDaddy/WildWest.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I get frustrated like everyone else when we feel powerless with the
different registrars.

I don't think Enom is bad. I think they are just mediocre in customer service.

I can not think of any company that is fantastic with customer service.

Instead of picking on Enom.

Who do think is the BEST in customer service?

I

impactadmin

Customer service is a big issue with every company, and it should be a key focus as one of the companies objectives.

No matter which registrar you choose, if you do a search you can find issues with all, whether they are good issues or bad.

I agree with RealNames, that is depends on the complexity of the issue you bring to them and also the relationship you have with the registrar.
That should not be the case as all issues should be treated as a problem and solved right away.

Huseyin

owndomain

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My experience with ENOM is great. They always respond to my support tickets within one day (but not in weekend!).

Perhaps my questions are all easy to handle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom