Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Enom Warning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
we recently had a dicussion about this, so I will update.

Enom is admitting of having 'issues' with some club drop names.
People, I cant even update nameserves, nor claim ownership on names that cost a heck, and that I am supposed to own!

I'll try to keep you updated as my case has taken 'legal' proportions...

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for you to reveal the "pending" "BAD NEWS" you referred to in your posts in the "expiring domains" sub-forum!? Am sure now that this has something to do with it but I would really like to know all the details especially that "loop hole" you mentioned!?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had an issue with "Enom" Registrar wgbregistry recently - after several email exchanges the matter was fully and amicably resolved. Maybe it shouldn't have happened but my feeling is that if they do their best and put it right then maybe that's all we can ask from a new startup.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I answered people by PM
I dont wish to harm enoms rep, but your post seems unseteling.
Are you doubting I had a problem that could effect many people?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
I dont wish to harm enoms rep, but your post seems unseteling.
Are you doubting I had a problem that could effect many people?

If your post was directed to me - no I don't doubt that you had a problem, like I said, I had a problem. However these drop-catchers don't catch all the names themselves - others are involved and herein lies the problem.
All I am saying is that my problem was eventually amicably resolved.
Instead of posting "Enom Warning" why not post the warning for the registrar that is causing you the grief - or was it directly caught by Enom?

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sorry, other than apparenly loosing my server this week, I aparently lost all comms with humans as well :)
I am(was) replying to Wm.m

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No, no, I was not being sarcastic. Please PM me with whatever it is that ya got!

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll forward you the PMs I sent out asap.
I stayed up til 6 AM local time to solve my server problems.

Anyhow, in the latest email from enom, they politely explain that they do indeed have had and still have some problems with some of their catch registrars. The unsettling part is that it seems to be happening 'often'.
and when i asked if it can be solved, i never got a reply.
And, when i asked if i will get a refund for the auction money I paid, no reply...

I guess they are workingon it, but at least they should double check instead of us finding out the 'hard' way...

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Am having my own problems at enom right now: Was the high bidder on a couple of names a few days ago and still waiting for the "order confirmation #..." email to arrive. (They're all paid for and the "whois" is ok but I would like to rec. a record of the actual expenditures and the reassurance that everything went through properly!?)

M

mole

Tsk tsk... forget about drop catching guys, you know its a screwed up and corrupted game. A whole book could be written about the shenanigans of this game, and how much money each individual can be sucked dry. Bring on WLS.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, I also have not received an email record of caught names of the last 5 days...

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there are quite a few of those that I have.
at least those show that I own them in whois, but just cant update the nameserver.
Imagine paing high $XXX or low $XXXX for a name and a month later checking whois and it is owned by someone else!
While still showing in your enom account as yours!

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
amazing!
on top of it all.
I refilled my account.
So I decided to refill it 20 minutes later, so, I feel like buying many names.
I get an error that says that I refilled the account within the last 30 minutes and cant do so!!
Darn!
I have thousands of domains there, so what is this logic!!????
Chris???
I will try to keep my Greek temper down here, but enom's support will hear it from me.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo refuses to place some of my domains because of lack of confirmation from whois!!!
It is NOT Sedo's fault.
Enom still doesnt reply.
I am giving another 48 hours before I blow this thing out in the open. I have PMed people, in order to give Enom a chance and avoid 'trouble'.
People, you may be paying hundred of $$$$ for domains not only that you may NOT own (which If you pressure enough Enom will refund you), but you may own names according to Enom that are NOT verifyable outside Enom.
48 hours.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
amazing!
on top of it all.
I refilled my account.
So I decided to refill it 20 minutes later, so, I feel like buying many names.
I get an error that says that I refilled the account within the last 30 minutes and cant do so!!
Darn!
I have thousands of domains there, so what is this logic!!????
Chris???
I will try to keep my Greek temper down here, but enom's support will hear it from me.
This may answer your question:
https://www.enom.com/myaccount/RefillAccount.asp? said:
New!: To reduce refill errors, we will not take duplicate refill orders within 1/2 hour from each other.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok, thanks for the link.
Still, doesnt answer ALL the other Questions, nor the fact that in a single account I have well over 1200+ domains that I wanted and felt like refilling fast.
And I never had a problem from any CC or refill from Enom...
Anyhow, more malakies

lawpsych

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Problems with ENOM?? Doesn't surprise me in the least. I don't know if anyone remembers, but I posted a thread here and at ******** a couple of months ago about some VERY shady dealings on the part of ENOM and the way they handled some of my expiring names. Even though I had (and have) proof of some rather convincing evidence that pointed to insider trading and channeling my domains to some of the VERY high end brokers, no one seemed to think anything of it.

Now does it make sense??

Furious and sad,
Sheila

Ha Ha!!! Well, that last post of MINE made my day. I had no idea I was swearing when I wrote that last little note. I FELT like doing so, but I had no idea that the site I mentioned was a dirty word. Sorry, guys. It wasn't intentional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom