Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Enom: we are dropping .infos early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you got a promo .info, you better check as I was going to renew one yesterday, and it was not in my account. So I checked the whois, and the exp is the 28th, so I called enom and asked why my name was not in there... the awnser:

we are dropping the promo .infos a few days early as there will be 100,000's of domains dropping, so we decided to drop them at different times.

I was told to go and post a support ticket to get them to return the domain to me.

I know this is not the best way to do business, but if you want that .info, make sure that you get that support ticket in now.

Domain Days 2024

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let me get this straight. Enom is dropping the promo infos BEFORE they expire? I also noticed that Netsol has continued to show all names on their domain management control panel as expired a day in ADVANCE of the expiration date. This is the same for ALL extensions including coms. What is going on here?

pkguy

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont' think that is very fair and is definitely not a good way to do business....

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be too concerned as they said hundreds of thousands will be dropping so just pick it up for a few bucks cheaper with a new registration. :)

Seems a load of them were deleted today.
Active Deleted On-Hold New Deleted Transfered
3,326,281 1,634,923 1,274 3,522 276,100 6,174

On another note anyone know whats going on with the regular .info drops? Seems they haven't been dropping for a few days.

Dimva

High Traffic Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thats so strange of enom doing this, not very fair. Thanks for the heads up!

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
Let me get this straight. Enom is dropping the promo infos BEFORE they expire?
Yep. That is exactly what I'm saying. thr name that I wanted to keep was my last name, Slabaugh.info, and I had a small site on it and was useing it for as a contact page with my messenger IDs and email on it where I could point people if I wanted them to contact me here at DNF, and on my other sites, and when I went to renew it a few days before the exp, the name was GONE! I did not mind for most names, but for this one, I had a site already there, so it was not fair.

DomainQuay

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's concerning that registrars seem to be able to bend rules to suit their whims.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Am I understanding you to say they actuall DROPPED (deleted) the domain before its EXPIRATION date? In other words, ignoring not only the few days you had before expiration, but also bypassing the entire REDEMPTION-GRACE-PERIOD and PENDING-DELETE process? Is there no RGP for .INFO domains?

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Case Activity
Customer
Joseph slabaugh
9/24/2005 3:22 PM
I would like slabaugh.info back...

Agent
Lily Foster
9/26/2005 1:43 PM
Hello Joseph,
To process your request, please confirm confirm the account login where domain was registered and that you authorize a charge to renew the domain.

We are working with the .info Registry Afilias to process the redemption on this domain name. Please be patient as this may take a few days, but should be complete by Wednesdsay, September 28th. We will absorb the redemption fees and not charge you for the recovery of this domain. Your account will be charged the renewal fee only, and you will get an email confirmation order once the renewal is complete. At that time, the domain will be in your account and active for another year. Thank you for your patience during this process.

Regards,

eNom Technical Support Team
www.enom.com/help
An ICANN Accredited Registrar

http://www.whois.sc/slabaugh.info

Domain ID:D6864728-LRMS
Domain Name:SLABAUGH.INFO
Created On:28-Sep-2004 13:03:09 UTC
Last Updated On:23-Sep-2005 02:32:56 UTC
Expiration Date:28-Sep-2005 13:03:09 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Sipence, Inc. (R280-LRMS)

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you can have some put back in the system for renewal. Enom is doing this stuff thru their sister Sipence so as not to bring too much attention on Enom. Whois reads regged 9-24-04 and expiration 9-28-05 but if you check now you'll most likely find them marked pending delete. How they get away with doing that before the expiration date is anyone's guess. They won't tell you, I asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom