Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Enom Wont Transfer Out .US

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A .US domain of mine has the status "Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited"

I want to transfer it of of Enom, so went into my account and found their usual Registrar Lock option was not there. I emailed support and they replied:

Hello Matt, only .com and .net use registrar lock. All others use transfer codes called EPP KEY's or AUTH CODE's

You can find the AUTHCODE/EPP KEY by going to Domains/MY DOMAINS/ Click on the domain name/ The next screen is the domain control panel. Scroll to the bottom of the page. Under the Utilities section, click on Contact/WhoIs Information. Scroll to the bottom of that page. Look for the blue header that says: Authorization Info (EPP Key). Below that is the key.

I thought this was weird, so emailed Moniker (where I want to transfer) about, Moniker replied:

I am sorry, it appears that you were misinformed by Enom.

The statement, "clientTransferProhibited status is over ridden with the Auth Code." is not true.

The clientTransferProhibited status is actually a status that is only accessable directly through the .US Registry, not through your Enom interface.

Therefore, in order to remove this status, an Enom Representative needs to access the domain name via the .US Registry and remove this status.

Once that is done, the name would then be eligible for transfer.

What Moniker have said sounds right. Why are Enom doing this? I have emailed them back in the meantime, but also interested in your thoughts.

Cheers.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
has it been renewed or transfered in within the last 60 days?
thats what it shows during that time.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nope not at all - it has just been sitting there ever since it was registered roughly 1 year ago.

Incidentally the domain is onlinecalendar.us

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
get the auth code, it will go through
checked whois
unlock the domain
it is within the 30 day renewal (auto default) of enom

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
get the auth code, it will go through
checked whois
unlock the domain
it is within the 30 day renewal (auto default) of enom

Also, it is not set to Auto Renew.

Unlock the domain? Enom said I can't do this.

Also Auth code doesn't override Lock as noted by Moniker

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
weird, I do it all the time.

ToastyX

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What Moniker told you is correct.

I've gone through the same BS trying to get .org/.biz/.info/.us domain names unlocked at eNom. Many of eNom's support representatives seem to be misinformed and don't understand that .org/.biz/.info/.us domain names can indeed be locked and that there was a period of time where those domain names would be locked when you registered them if you had "Do not allow names to be transferred to another registrar." enabled under default options. The last time this happened, I had to explain that "clientTransferProhibited" means the domain name is locked and that the status should be "ok" instead before the domain name was finally unlocked. It frustrates me that many of their support representatives don't know this. Eventually I figured out I could unlock .org/.biz/.info/.us domain names using the API, so I unlocked my domain names to avoid this crap in the future.

seeker said:
has it been renewed or transfered in within the last 60 days?
thats what it shows during that time.

You're thinking of "transferProhibited"; "clientTransferProhibited" means it's locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom