Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

EPP transfer system is a POS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

totenmaske

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This newly initiated EPP domain transfer approval system is a complete pile of s***! I didn't like it when having to deal with my only .co.uk domain and I like it even less now with my .com's and .net's!

I'm trying to consolidate all the domains that I intend to keep to a single registrar (Moniker) and I can't seem to get EPP codes even from registrars that supposedly supply them; including Godaddy, MainlyDomains and Register(crap)Fly.

Something needs to be done and complaining to Internic doesn't seem to be having any effect...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
If I can have safety I don't mind the inconvenience. EPP transfers are long overdue.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same trouble here. The sytem really sucks and there seems to be no effective way to complain about this.

The method of sending the EPP codes at Wild West Domains (and GoDaddy too) is by email and I never get the emails after numerous tries. Calling them about it gets you no where as they say the only way is the email method (which seems to be broken with some domains).

Some other registrars simply do not have any way of getting the transfer codes and it's not even mentioned on the sites.

totenmaske

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I can have safety I don't mind the inconvenience. EPP transfers are long overdue.

It would be fine if the system worked, however it doesn't work at all. I just got an EPP code emailed to me by someone I don't even know (probably a former domain owner) even though all the whois data is correct (that's how he figured out who to forward the EPP code to).

I've lost several domains because I can't "renew" domains at Registerfly because they are actually Enom names and I can't get the EPP codes!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I'm defending the system, not its flawed implementation by incompetent registrars.

totenmaske

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm defending the system, not its flawed implementation by incompetent registrars.

I agree, I should have been more specific. As implemented the EPP system is a POS!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
No problems with Enom.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No problems with Enom.

Really? I have had problems with registrars they are using for club drop. But they have managed to send me the right ones eventually

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately EPP is there to stay.

Registrars had every opportunity to make sure they're EPP compliant by Oct.
28, the deadline set by VeriSign. I don't recall the exact details, but that was
agreed upon by the powers-that-be. (I think...)

I don't expect them to roll it back for whatever reason, even if a "considerable"
number of registrants complain about it.

Kinda like a belt and suspenders thing. You don't want to be caught with your
pants down, you know. :D

If you want to blame someone for your hardships, it's the losing registrar.

robert

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This newly initiated EPP domain transfer approval system is a complete pile of s***! I didn't like it when having to deal with my only .co.uk domain and I like it even less now with my .com's and .net's!

I'm trying to consolidate all the domains that I intend to keep to a single registrar (Moniker) and I can't seem to get EPP codes even from registrars that supposedly supply them; including Godaddy, MainlyDomains and Register(crap)Fly.

Something needs to be done and complaining to Internic doesn't seem to be having any effect...

.uk does not have EPP yet so not sure what you mean by transfering a .uk via EPP :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom