Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

other Ernest from Bido

This is a discussion about another domain name register/company not listed.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ERPowell

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, Ernest from Bido checking in, saying hello to all the DNF members. If I may help with anything at Bido at any time, please let me know.
Nice to meet everyone and looking forward to the good times ahead.
PS. We just released our multi-auction per day format today at Bido. :)

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice to have you here. I think you should read the rules about advertising, and/or consult with a mod/admin. Good luck!

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
think theres enough bido spam with no substance imho
nothing personal ernie

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to DNF!
Jarred is a great guy :)

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Holy shit, you seem to be able to spam with impunity over loads of forums...

yep

well they paid np to have a skin so rj has been paid off to let them spam, here they got their own section to spam, so they should just stick to that

spamming acorn does get on my moobs i have to admit, as very few over there are even interested in quality coms lol,which is fair enough, let alone the crock of sh*t bido serve up ;)

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how come your 800 number doesn't work , and you never return calls??? also i submitted domains to your site and you sent an email that says we dont take multiple domains???

ERPowell

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
how come your 800 number doesn't work , and you never return calls??? also i submitted domains to your site and you sent an email that says we dont take multiple domains???

Hi Bigboydog,

Our number is 800-611-Bido(2436). I just had my manager test it out and it seems to be ok.

Also can you be more specific in the names you sent in to our website that were denied or what the email said?

Thank You
Ernest

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Ernest,

Question: What do you think the punishment for spammers should be? Should there be financial compensation for recipients of unwanted spam?

ERPowell

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi JuniperPark,

Are you referring to the paid PM sponsorship that we had purchased here from DNF?

Thank You
Ernest

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi JuniperPark,

Are you referring to the paid PM sponsorship that we had purchased here from DNF?

Thank You
Ernest

No.

I'm referring to the spamming of private mailboxes of all DNForum users by Bido a few months ago, which was in violation of the DNForum TOS and showed a complete lack of ethics on the part of Bido.

PM boxes are paid for, in cash, by DNForum members. They are not "sponsored", and "sponsorships" are not for sale.

What is Bido's plan to compensate DNForum members for this violation of privacy?

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No.

I'm referring to the spamming of private mailboxes of all DNForum users by Bido a few months ago, which was in violation of the DNForum TOS and showed a complete lack of ethics on the part of Bido.

PM boxes are paid for, in cash, by DNForum members. They are not "sponsored", and "sponsorships" are not for sale.

What is Bido's plan to compensate DNForum members for this violation of privacy?

you do realize DotComGod is the one responsible for this, as he accepted the deal for a paid Private Message advertisement.. so if it is in violation of DNForums TOS, he is the one responsible.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you do realize DotComGod is the one responsible for this, as he accepted the deal for a paid Private Message advertisement.. so if it is in violation of DNForums TOS, he is the one responsible.

I've seen no such announcement of this, if fact the day it happened ADMIN posted that he was unaware of what was going on.

DotComGod did not SPAM us, Bido did. They need to answer for their extreme stupidity and lack of professionalism.

Until then, DNF members should boycott Bido, just as they would do with any other spammer.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've seen no such announcement of this, if fact the day it happened ADMIN posted that he was unaware of what was going on.

DotComGod did not SPAM us, Bido did. They need to answer for their extreme stupidity and lack of professionalism.

Until then, DNF members should boycott Bido, just as they would do with any other spammer.

DotComGod (Adam) accepted money in order for Bido send that mass PM message. It was a deal worked out and agreed to by Adam in exchange for cash.

http://www.dnforum.com/post24-post-1651679.html

Honestly, I was a bit surprised by it too (as you can see in that thread above) considering this is a membership-fee based forum.. but the fact is Adam accepted money for that mass PM to be sent out. The mass PM message itself was sent out from the Administrator Control Panel. Im not sure how you missed that, you were following that thread too.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems Ernest has gone into hiding. I'd be ashamed too if I were him.

I'd really like to be positive about this... maybe the Bido staff will agree to attend some high school level classes on internet marketing? Even high school courses teach that spamming is unprofessional, and only done by the very ignorant.

Maybe the Bido folks can learn some business basics and get their GEDs in the process, could be a win-win for everyone.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems Ernest has gone into hiding. I'd be ashamed too if I were him.

I'd really like to be positive about this... maybe the Bido staff will agree to attend some high school level classes on internet marketing? Even high school courses teach that spamming is unprofessional, and only done by the very ignorant.

Maybe the Bido folks can learn some business basics and get their GEDs in the process, could be a win-win for everyone.

but what about DotComGod which actually accepted this deal and then sent the message out himself (or through one of his administrators) through the admin control panel? i agree it was kind of a weird form of advertising for a membership-fee based forum like this to accept... but why is your blame so one-sided if you are outraged?

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
but what about DotComGod which actually accepted this deal and then sent the message out himself (or through one of his administrators) through the admin control panel? i agree it was kind of a weird form of advertising for a membership-fee based forum like this to accept... but why is your blame so one-sided if you are outraged?

The only post I've seen claiming DotComGod was behind this was the demoted former Admin "MediaHound".

I haven't seen an admission (or apology) from DotComGod yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom