Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Escrow and Brokerage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pharn

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I had searched through DNF but was not able to find the answer to my question so any advice will be appreciated.

If you are selling a domain for a client (normal brokerage) and you had succesfully found the buyer and now you need to secure transaction in a way that buyer transfers the money, seller transfers the domain (normal escrow would do) but in this case you also need to secure that you will get your commision/cut from sale etc. so it is a 3side escrow. So far I was not able to find any such service - anyone has experience with something similar?

Regards.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't believe there is such service.

If you don't trust the seller then why take a chance?
The seller may run away and not transfer the name to your buyer too. In this case you will be in big trouble.

Pharn

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is why escrow is needed because money is released to seller only when the transfer of the name is confirmed right?

You can never be sure about the seller i suppose (or the buyer) - lets say he wants 1k for domain, you know you can sell it for 5k. Question is how can you make the deal happen if you do not have the 1k to buy the domain in the first place... 3side escrow is the only thing i can think of, also it gives you at least some kind of security not to get kicked out of the deal...

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I had searched through DNF but was not able to find the answer to my question so any advice will be appreciated.

If you are selling a domain for a client (normal brokerage) and you had succesfully found the buyer and now you need to secure transaction in a way that buyer transfers the money, seller transfers the domain (normal escrow would do) but in this case you also need to secure that you will get your commision/cut from sale etc. so it is a 3side escrow. So far I was not able to find any such service - anyone has experience with something similar?

Regards.

Hi

when g from nd brokered for me, he didn't have to worry if he would get paid

as previuosly mentioned, if you're nervous about that, then maybe you shouldn't be working with that person.

even if you don't get paid, you will have established some credibility where you are trying to go.

the seller won't be able to shake "that" from their conscience!

also the possibility of "future" brokered deals will be missed, if the seller doesn't pay.

these things add up to a "favorable" outcome.

imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom