Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Escrow.com feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

buysellfast

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HI there.

am going to use escrow.com for the first time, any members here, used them for domain names, whats the feedback if any, also is there any one else we can use, ie sedo, etc, noticed sedo has an escrow service, how do u initiate a transaction, any ideas...

all help is appreciated.
thanks

Thomas Nash

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Escrow.com has always worked amazingly for me with domain names and would whole heartedly recommend them! Great Service and great support if you need them.

Never used Sedo's Escrow service so can't really comment on tht but my guess is escrow.com is better as it gets used far more frequently around these parts.

buysellfast

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK. I hear u friends.
Just a slight bit of concern as i never used them before. Did with sedo before, as sedo has accounts with most registrars, so i would push the names into sedo's accounts and then sedo would release payment and push the names to the buyer.

once again. thank you.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker.com also has an Escrow service. The safest by far is Moniker because they make you transfer the domain in an escrow account also, not just the money. Moniker then has both the money and the domain and that is really the right way to do it but it takes a little more time. I have used Escrow.com also and they are great.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker.com also has an Escrow service. The safest by far is Moniker because they make you transfer the domain in an escrow account also, not just the money. Moniker then has both the money and the domain and that is really the right way to do it but it takes a little more time. I have used Escrow.com also and they are great.

How is that added protection if the seller doesn't receive the funds until the buyer accepts the escrow?

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How is that added protection if the seller doesn't receive the funds until the buyer accepts the escrow?

Escrow never holds the domain, suppose the other owner has stolen the domain or there is some problem during transfer. Well, that would be discovered en route to Moniker. IMO it's just an extra layer of security. Again, I have used both and Escrow.com is excellent also.

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Escrow never holds the domain, suppose the other owner has stolen the domain or there is some problem during transfer. Well, that would be discovered en route to Moniker. IMO it's just an extra layer of security. Again, I have used both and Escrow.com is excellent also.

There were many discussions about this possibility, but has it ever happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom