Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Escrow.com Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, I need some help from an experianced escrowee...

I have agreed to sell fast-autos.com, the buyer is paying all escrow fees, just wondering how this will all happen as it is my first escrow transaction.

The buyer says I will get an email from him tomorrow via escrow asking me to register . Then his payment will be confirmed and I will transfer the domain - then escrow will send me a check. Can someone list all the steps in explaining the steps in selling a domain with escrow, tell me what should happen - just to make sure the transfer works out, I do not know the buyer, and I do not want to get scammed, thanks!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will dislose that info when the sale is complete, right now I need help with the escrow transfer, thanks

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's Easy... escrow will send you emails with the steps to take each time. Just don't transfer the domain until they say that the payment is secured - not when the buyer says he has paid. They must have the payment completely secured before you do the transfer. Then after you transfer, be sure to go back to the site and mark that you have transferred the domain to the buyer so they send you your payment.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so after you transfer the name you go back to the escrow site and confirm you have transfered the name?

what is the best way to transfer (this is the only domain in the account)... change the ownership details and give the account name/password to the owner or try one of these owndership transfers (which seems complicated at this certain registrar) ? thanks Nameguy, that helps

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GT Web
so after you transfer the name you go back to the escrow site and confirm you have transfered the name?

what is the best way to transfer (this is the only domain in the account)... change the ownership details and give the account name/password to the owner or try one of these owndership transfers (which seems complicated at this certain registrar) ? thanks Nameguy, that helps

Yes, you must confirm you've transferred the name with Escrow so as to let them know you did your part.

Yes, just give them the account. But, be sure to change the domain info to the new owner because Escrow will confirm it has the new owners info in the whois.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom