Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Escrow payment really slow - this is a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
IES has received the Buyer's payment

Last status: As of 1/10/2003 3:08:47 PM, Payment received, seller will be prompted to ship after payment is secured.

• IES is processing the Buyer's payment.
• Once IES secured the funds, your will be sent an E-Mail to submit the domain name transfer to the Buyer.
• There is nothing further for you to do at this time.

14 days it has remained at this stage - how much longer can this go on

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've never seen it go that long, after securing funds. How did they pay? Maybe an international cheque, or something, that is slow to clear?

I'd call their toll-free support line, to find out.

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah - the buyer paid by cheque - to reduce fees but to be honest i wish he paid by credit card now

the thing is - they cleared the cheque and went to the status after 2 days so im not sure why it has taken so long

plus im from the uk so i cant phnoe ....and im at work - lol;)

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You might want to email their support, then. They're fairly responsive. However, they're in the Pacific time zone, so by the time they read your email, you'll probably be sleeping. :)

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah more than likely - i havent emailed them myself as yet since the buyer said he has a few times

but if you want something done - your better doing it yourself

thanks for your help:D

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ive emailed them now

thanks for the tips bigfart - we have split the costs actually

i know i should be patient as well it has been 14 days just for this stage - the whole process has taken longer :)

ill let you all know how i get on

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fonz I just finished up with an overseas order...took 3 weeks..all my local sales usually under a week.You can bet thats the hold up clearing an international cheque

Escrows support is top notch...

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hey bid,

actually - it was a domestic cheque

the buyer says he actually lives less than 50 miles from the escrow office so i dont think the hold up is due to that

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
I have done transactions via check. Both times it took 2-3 weeks.

-Bob

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bob
I have done transactions via check. Both times it took 2-3 weeks.

-Bob

phew!

your mind starts to think bad thoughts after that long - dont think the guy would try and scam me or anything but when your desparate for the money you start geting anxious!!

think i need to grab a beer and chill - lol;)

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not to worry or complain as the firm waiting 14 days due to a check is very reasonable.

I once lost $1000 because of a 15 day delay in notifying me a check was not honored and my already sending the merchandise. It was due to 4 of the days being weekends, plus mail delays, and also the bank automatically depositing the check a 2nd time when it first bounced without notification.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fonzerelli_79
hey bid,

actually - it was a domestic cheque

the buyer says he actually lives less than 50 miles from the escrow office so i dont think the hold up is due to that

Umm that is odd then..unless as Bob is implying that simply takes Check deals that much longer..could be.. I dont ever recall anyone of my customers paying by check...

Good Luck...

garet

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry. It's just a slow process with payment by check. I had a fairly recent buy through Escrow.com where we paid by U.S. check. As I recall it took maybe a bit over two weeks after receipt of check before Escrow.com officially cleared the funds.

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why use Escrow ( unless it's a lot of $$$ ) when Credit Card processing guarantees buyer against fraud?

The sale / transfer process is so simple, escrow just clogs the works.

quack :D

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree domainduck, unless it's over 1K no need for the clogging however, Escrow has always been efficient. If something in Escrow is taking that long just e-mail them, they usually reply the same or next day.

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the transfer is for $2000.00 :) - i sold two sites

a few hours after i emailed escrow they moved to the next stage

but the damn uk register where i orginally registered the domain names rejected the transfer request i had put in cos they need authorisation by fax - no where on the site does it state this - plus they didnt email me telling me it was rejected - i found this out yesterday by phone and im now transferring it to godaddy

hopefully it wont take too long transferring to godaddy

fingers crossed because now im holding it up!!!:)

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
escrow.com seems safe and reliable, but most of the time they seem to be incredibly slooooooooow. takes days and days to receive payment even once buyer has accepted and everything is done.

they claim the escrow accounts are non-interest-bearing. so i don't know why on earth they wait days before taking a few moments for the keystrokes needed to give me my money.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
boy you sure dug this bad boy from it's grave, 10 months later. :)

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Android

they claim the escrow accounts are non-interest-bearing. so i don't know why on earth they wait days before taking a few moments for the keystrokes needed to give me my money.

TO ensure escrow isnt lossing money from bouncing checks, CC chargebacks/fruad and the likes :-D

boy you sure dug this bad boy from it's grave, 10 months later. :)

Jeez,

Android, what were you doing way back there?! :-D :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom