Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Escrow Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What's the best one out there? Any others other than escrow.com?

What's the URL to moniker's escrow service? i cannot find it on their site.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so i'm better off using escrow.com if they charge way less?

S

SedoCoUk

skylight said:
you can try using sedo. it will be 10% of the sale price :)

Hi,

Please note that Sedo's fee for outside escrow transactions is 3%, not 10%. The full details can be found here:

http://www.sedo.com/services/s_escrow.php?language=us

It's also important to point out that Sedo and Escrow.com are providing two very different services: Escrow.com acts as a financial intermediary only, they do not assist with the domain transaction, confirm that the transaction has been completed, or even customize their mails to domain names.

Sedo's escrow, on the other hand, includes not just the financial intermediary, but also personal assistance from our Domain Transfer experts to help prevent the domain from getting lost through fraud or technical error.

In addition, Sedo's fee is all-inclusive. At Escrow.com you will pay additional fees for the use of credit card, to receive payment by wire transfer, etc... In the end it usually adds up to much more than a transaction through Sedo.

I hope that helps!

Matt Bentley
CEO

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
Escrow.com acts as a financial intermediary only, they do not ...... confirm that the transaction has been completed,

Are you absolutely sure of that statement?
When I last used them I certainly had to confirm the transaction with them.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some lawyers will do this, e.g. if it's a large transaction. John Berryhill might be worth contacting (he posts regularly on the Legal section of this site).

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GreatDomains.com still advertises Escrow services too.

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
looklisting said:
escrow.com doesn't offer service in the state of Arizona. Anyone know why? Is Sedo the next best option?

They used to offer their service in Arizona until a couple of years ago when the state told them they'd have to get a different type of license (at much higher cost) to continue to provide escrow services for Arizonans. Escrow.com once told me that financially it did not make sense for them to do so since they don't have typically much business from the state. So Sedo may be a good alternative although I've never tried them. Another option can be to conduct the transaction thru a trustworthy friend/relative living in another state; I did that once....its a hassle to say the least.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like Escrow.com......................... :approve:

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What's so good about escrow.com ? I find their interface for domains to actually "suck". The directions are not clear and how do they verify the domain was really transfered? For all they know the seller could change the whois to the buyer's information and tell Escrow that it was transfered to release the money(very end of the process).

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SedoCoUk
Escrow.com acts as a financial intermediary only, they do not assist with the domain transaction, confirm that the transaction has been completed, or even customize their mails to domain names.

Jeff said:
What's so good about escrow.com ? I find their interface for domains to actually "suck". The directions are not clear and how do they verify the domain was really transfered? For all they know the seller could change the whois to the buyer's information and tell Escrow that it was transfered to release the money(very end of the process).

I actually had one transaction that the buyer accepted the transfer but escrow.com woudn't release the money until the whois was updated to reflect the buyers name

Letter sent to buyer
Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

You have indicated on our website that the domain name for this transaction has been transfered and that you accept the transfer, thereby completing the transaction. However, we are unable to retrieve the domain name information on any of the registrar websites.

The domain name is currently listed under GoDaddy.com, who has no information on xxxx.com. Please provide registrar information, or prior to finalizing this transaction we must request that you reply to this email confirming that you do have complete control over the domain name.

Thank you!

Sandra Gordon
Escrow.com
1221 E. Dyer Road, Ste 225
Santa Ana, CA 92705

(714) 384-3535 | (877) 372-7694 ext 3535

M

mole

SedoCoUk said:
Sedo's escrow, on the other hand, includes not just the financial intermediary, but also personal assistance from our Domain Transfer experts to help prevent the domain from getting lost through fraud or technical error.

Doesn't escrow.com do exactly that same service, except that I don't think they will call themselves "domain transfer experts"?

I think the advantage sedo has is its one-stop-shop convenience.

geekpipe

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have done a few transfers through escrow.com and they worked well. I have been on the buying and receiving end of transactions and they do verify the WHOIS info has changed. You send them the money (BUYER) , transfer name (SELLER) , and then release the money (BUYER). Even if the buyer does not specifically tell them to release the money, escrow.com checks whois and when they see it in buyers name they release it. Works well for me.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom