Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Escrow services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Web

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have not found a better place to post this message. Sorry if it does not feet in here.

If you want to use a escrow company to transfer one domain for another, which one do you use and what are their fees for this kind of operations (as there is no money involved they can apply a porcentage).

Thanks.

AbsolutelyFreeW

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
pm sent

Web

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Of course I need a very reliable place to do that, so don’t offer yourself to do it (unless you work for one).

Yes, I was thinking in escrow.com. Do you know if they transfer domains for domains, and if so, what is their fee? I would like to know if anyone has done this before I contact them.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Web said:
Of course I need a very reliable place to do that, so don’t offer yourself to do it (unless you work for one).

Yes, I was thinking in escrow.com. Do you know if they transfer domains for domains, and if so, what is their fee? I would like to know if anyone has done this before I contact them.

domain for domain ? you mean swapp domains ?
Well thats a new one to me..

Thats an interesting one.. I kind of doubt it you reallly need to contact them on something like that

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moved to the Gold Cafe as this is not a registrar issue

Web

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I was not sure where to post this message.

Yes, I haven’t seen anywhere to do it. It’s a little bit tricky as if you don’t transfer money the percentage fee can not be applied and so my guess is that I will have to negotiate one. Another problem is that the usual method is to transfer the money to the third party and then the domain is transferred within the seller and the buyer. If you swap domains you will need to transfer both domains to the third party or at least one. Any thoughts about it?

AbsolutelyFreeW

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this is a very simple thing for a domain registrar really.

you just need to find one that both of you trust ;)

hanogl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have once done a major swap using notarised contracts. Not a 100% safe way, but as safe as you can get without third party. If the other party fails to deliver your signed and notarised contract should be good enough to claim the domain through a court case.

If you insist on using a thrid party I would suggest Sedo. They are much more flexible than Escrow, and they often transfer domains to themselves during domain sales anyway. So it should be easy for them to help you (transfer both domain names to Sedo, collect your fees, hand out the domain names to the new owners).

Web

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A notarised contract would be the best sollution. Unfortunately we live in different countries and that complacate things (especially in the case of a claim).
I'll try to contact all the escrow services and see what they tell me. Any other I should know besides escrow.com and sedo? Thanks.

Arsenik

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not the best solution but what about doing it this way :

1- You buy his domain for $X at escrow
2- He buys your domain for $X at escrow

:undecided Good Luck.

Web

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, I think it is a good solution. One question, once you have transferred your money to escrow.com, can you retract if the other user has not transferred the domain yet? Because if you can, this system won’t work.

AbsolutelyFreeW

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
haha no its not a good solution at all. what if he wanted to just buy your domain.. or to just sell his ?? (or am i missing something?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom