Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Escrow Wire Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is for those of you who live outside the United States - if you have done the Wire Transfer payout option:

1. How long does it take and where do you live?
2. I understand the funds go through different banks before they get to your actual bank, and these banks may take off fees - how much are these processing fees in general?

Answers ASAP would be appreciated as I am right in the middle of an Escrow (coincidentally my first).

Cheers.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Paying me : One day to Australia, fees $aud15 here, Plus of course the rip off on exchange rates. The intermedairy us bank only seems to take out fees when sending to usa. Therefore use a card to send.
Compare that to a cheque to here (for over 2k), 5 friggin weeks plus $80 charges plus rip off on the exchange rate at the day the bank decides to convert

DavidH

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am currently waiting for a wire transfer payment made last Monday from Italy to show up in my bank account in the UK - my bank would normally expect such a payment to take 4-6 working days from the date of transfer initiation before it showed up.

I have asked for the payment to be made free of charges but I am not sure whether I will get the full amount. I cant avoid any charges made by my bank but sometimes, eg when payment received from Sedo, my bank dont make any charge for converting Euros into UK Pounds.

DavidH

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the past, when they have actually told me that the funds have been released, they sometimes seem to arrive in my UK bank account within one or two days, which is faster than a transfer from one UK bank account to another which seems to take around 4 or 5 days!

They only charge $40 for the international wire. As mentioned above, the exchange rates used don't seem to be very favourable, and I think my UK bank takes £9 (or around $9 - can't remember which) in fees.

SEDO don't charge for wiring me fees, which is one reason why I now generally prefer to use sedo, although the minimum escrow fee with them is $50 (but of course no problem if the purchaser pays it - when you are selling).

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cheers guys

Hopefully this one won't take too long. Also hope I got the account number format correct - it accepted it anyway

lilian

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dotNetKing said:
In the past, when they have actually told me that the funds have been released, they sometimes seem to arrive in my UK bank account within one or two days, which is faster than a transfer from one UK bank account to another which seems to take around 4 or 5 days!

They only charge $40 for the international wire. As mentioned above, the exchange rates used don't seem to be very favourable, and I think my UK bank takes £9 (or around $9 - can't remember which) in fees.

SEDO don't charge for wiring me fees, which is one reason why I now generally prefer to use sedo, although the minimum escrow fee with them is $50 (but of course no problem if the purchaser pays it - when you are selling).
So I also sometimes use SEDO

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sedo is very good for uk :) they do the transfer very fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom