Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Escrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does DNForum have any escrow services & what are the costs, conditions. If not are there any outside companies who do?

Upvote 0

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
try to use escrow.com

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes. i have no problem with escrow.com but the process is quite long.... take 2-3 weeks.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
escrow.com is fine and has good communication throughout.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am well in to the process of using Afternic.com escrow on a new purchase and it seems like a real good service thus far. Also used them last year and that one was successful and fast. This is taken from their website:

"This service will present your offer to the owner and help you negotiate the best price, even if the domain name is not listed on Afternic. You remain anonymous until an agreement is reached. After a purchase agreement is reached, you send your payment to Afternic and we do not release the funds to the seller until the domain is safely transferred to you. This DNescrow? process guarantees that you will receive the domain or a complete refund. There is a $1 fee to join the exchange."

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have offered to help setup someone in the past that would like to run a dnf escrow service, the offer still stands if someone wants to do it.

Could be a profitable partnership business if someone is interested.

-=DCG=-

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod's post (and nice offer) reminded me that I forgot to say, do not rely on Afternic.com (probably escrow.com and others too) to protect you if the domain is stolen. If stolen you will likely lose all your money.

Perhaps DCG knows a way to avoid the issue?

P.S. Regarding the wordage from Afternic: "...process guarantees that you will receive the domain or a complete refund." Not too sure that is the whole story if the name is stolen?

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
www.sedo.com escrow service is quiet good as well, and a lot cheaper then escrow.com -- i use it more often then any other service this days'

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom