Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Establishing a new rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

could the mods PLEASE establish a rule that forbids posting expiring and/or dropping names before drop time, in other words not before the name has been catched by whoever?!

Recently some people have been posting names that are about to drop *before* drop time in the expired section; mostly very valuable names.

I think it's clear that posting these names before they actually drop is sheer stupidity, seems to happen just out of show-off reasons and is in contrary what this board is meant for - to help each other.

All it does is raising the bids at NW and such, making it just more expensive and difficult for everyone to go after these names.
This way it doesn't help the members in any way.

I guess most would agree if you're in the drop game in any thinkable manner, it's your own job to find those names, know about them etc. - most that go after dropped names know about them anyway BUT:

That doesn't mean it makes no difference if a name is posted in advance or not - it makes a difference as you can see at the WOW THAT HIGH?- bids at NW everybody is sooo surprised about. :rolleyes:

Exactly because it's your OWN job to find the names on your own, posting these names doesn't even help the newbies - posting *how to know* about those nameswould be something that might help newbies, but just posting the names without giving out the knowhow is just plain stupid.

So i think in the long run it's

a) everybody's own burden how to get to know about which names are about to drop and when

b) in eveyone's interest if names are *NOT* posted before they drop.

Nothing against posting names that *HAVE* dropped already and are available for registration.

But thats a different thing.

Maybe the mods can at least post a poll regarding this issue?

Thanks.

Upvote 0

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We don't censor drop info, sorry.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Uh it's not about *censoring* "drop info".

Again, it's against any principles this board was once built on.

It doesn't help anyone.

But it works against the members.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What you're saying is, if someone posts a name that's about to drop, and has every right to post it, you want the mods to run around deleting (censoring) those threads to keep your bids down? No thanks.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No,

i said *a rule* should be established, just like there are other rules here that have to be followed by members.

Simple.

Anyway, i posted a poll in the expired section so maybe that gives some answers about what *the members* think about this issue.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a forum for domain names, in case you didn't know :laugh:

There is a forum category dedicated to Expiring Domains. That's why it is there. No one is breaking any rules!

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The expired section serves a lot of purposes, knowledge about dropservices, lists with names that already have expired and are available for reg, etc. etc.

In fact most threads in that section are *not* postings with dropping names that haven't dropped yet, so establishing such a rule would not make that section less informative or anything.

But it would help everybody.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion .. we will file it accordingly :)

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and how beatz You wan`t to control it?
I would post lists just to upset You! ;)
No seriously You can`t control it.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
its pretty clear that posting domains before they drop does indeed benefit the forum. who it doesn't benefit, is you beatz.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh boy...:rolleyes:

All it benefits is the lazy people and the no clue-ers.

Right.

Jeff and Dragon i wonder how you feel if one day a name you're after since months suddenly is posted on the board.
Nothing against it being posted on a drop list - but as said, thats a difference.

But both of you prolly don't go for drops anyway i guess...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom