Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Estibot Appraisal Now got worse !

Status
Not open for further replies.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL at the new estibot appraisal,check it outs terrible,just goto dnjournal and grab the list of domains what have sold and look at the results......

myspace= 3.2 mill

facebook=15.9 mill

Tell me why these waste their time and energy providing such a service ?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's like the daily horoscope, worthless but people read it cause it makes them feel good :)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's like the daily horoscope, worthless but people read it cause it makes them feel good :)

Tend to agree...gives someone with a sub-par domain instant gratification and justification to ask ridiculous prices.

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Hit the nail on the head.

It's their other services that I like such as the end user lead generator and the long tail tool.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think estibot is - now - absolutely worthless. My opinion is that it was much more useful before. The changes they made make it an absolute waste of time for me.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think estibot is - now - absolutely worthless. My opinion is that it was much more useful before. The changes they made make it an absolute waste of time for me.

Exactly my thought's,the changes they have made have made the site much worse !

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Estibot isn't really good for anything except the search term numbers that it gives, etc. The "appraisal" is, and always has been, worthless. You CANNOT use an automated system to appraise a domain name.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Estibot isn't really good for anything except the search term numbers that it gives, etc. The "appraisal" is, and always has been, worthless. You CANNOT use an automated system to appraise a domain name.

Thats true but what we are saying its got a lot worse than what it was before...........

richrf

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't use Estibot regularly but for fun I do check out links.com (which I own). It gave an appraisal of $592,000 which I think is reasonable given other comps. But, of course, any domain estimation tool is going to have its good days and bad.

Rich

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You CANNOT use an automated system to appraise a domain name.
I'm not so sure. If they would put in enough factors into the algorithm, it sure could come close, like taking into account similar sales. Creating a very basic equation, isn't going to get you anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom