Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

EstiBot Lead Generator- Worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Levi

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently have been looking for automated ways to find end users. I came across Estibot's lead generation tool, which seems to find domains with your preferred keyword. However, I'm not sure if it truly pays to make an account for this reason. Is the software well known for actually aiding domainers in the finding of end users?

I would appreciate if you could redirect me to further software which aid in the search for end users.

Thanks so much!

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Honestly, you have a better chance by buying or regging names and letting the end user find you. Automated or not, I have found from past experience that attempting to find, locate, or convince someone to buy your name was a monumental time waster. That was time better used to develop some marketable skills such as learning how to code or create sites.

Most people think that they can reg a name (simply because they found it and it was available) and then magically they can find a buyer for the name.

I know, I know...others are going to disagree because they will tell you how they regged a name and found a buyer and made a few bucks. I look at it from a percentage and cost basis. If you reg 100 names and find a buyer for one, your success rate is 1%.

If you take the time and cost basis your time involved in trying to find a buyer and all the other work involved day after day after day, that success rate would equate to a pay rate of perhaps 50 cents per hour as a wage to account for all the names, all the contacts, all the days spent on this strategy or that strategy for flipping.

The simple fact to the matter is this...estibot has a product it is trying to sell. They want to convince you that using their tools will equate to your success. That goes for any service they are offering and trying to entice and convince you that it is worth you paying them nearly 30 bucks a month. This was a free service that evolved into now a paid product. They are selling a product.

Case in point...I get an PM here this morning from someone asking why I withdrew an offer I had on their name. They explained they paid more than I offered for the name and according to estibot it was worth it. I guess I should have offered my condolences to them for overpaying on their name along with extended condolences for being drawn into a fee-per-month service because someone writing a blog recommended the service.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

if you use the forum's "search feature", there are hundreds of threads relating to your exact question

though if you find a tool, please make sure you can enable it to exclude me from the list.

Thanks and Good Luck!

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
though if you find a tool, please make sure you can enable it to exclude me from the list.
Same here :) The amount of domain related spam is ridiculous and gives our industry a more detestable reputation.

has2hands

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For every spam domain sales letter I get, I "spam" them right back with one of my names that is for sale.

It only takes a second and my name is always better and more expensive, but is very rewarding :)

Never sold only...but well worth the 10 seconds of effort.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For every spam domain sales letter I get, I "spam" them right back with one of my names that is for sale.

It only takes a second and my name is always better and more expensive, but is very rewarding :)

i've done the same thing and got the same results....so far

:)

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Ah, so that was you, LOL.

Well, no, probably not, because when I try to contact an end user it's usually someone who holds the dot net or org of my dotcom name.

Is this spamming, though? I'm interested, because if it is then surely many upright domainers would be considered spammers? I understood that spamming was using a scattergun approach and just sending your inquiry to hundreds of people regardless of their possible interest in the name. But I'd love to know what others think. How is a 'spam' email to be distinguished from a serious and sincere approach to someone you feel would genuinely find the name useful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom