Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Estimating the value of a domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyParadise

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good evening parking gurus,

a friend has offered me a domain before it expires - he's never done anything with it (had it for two years), but since its coming up for renewal, he thought i might want it. Either that or he's just going to give it up. (Heresy!)

I'm likely going to take it - for $8, why not, right? But I'm trying as an excercise (being new to this area) to figure out how many type-ins it's expected to get.

Here are the stats I could muster for the domain:

Overture: 5800 searches in may
Adwords: 320 clicks per day
Google backlinks: 33

There may be trademark issues - but I'm not in the USA. It's a 4 letter .com
Question - is it more likely that a domain with the same statistics will "pull better" if it's a three letter .com, or "pull worse" if it's a five letter .com ? Just trying to get my head around this parking thing.

Anyone care to hazzard a guess on the potential earnings based on the above?

TIA,

BP

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
TM issues have nothing to do with whether you are in the US or not. That's why it's called the WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization). On the other hand, you have $8 to lose.

BillyParadise

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Right, ok, ignoring that for now - might be a trademark, might not. Four letters, 18 different acronyms. How can I tell what it's worth? Roughly. (bah)

Thanks..

BP

RADiSTAR said:
TM issues have nothing to do with whether you are in the US or not. That's why it's called the WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization). On the other hand, you have $8 to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom