Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

ETP question

Status
Not open for further replies.

eSology

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The way I have people do it is once they create an account under me they just ask eNom a simple question, "is my new account under an ETP or a sub-account".

fundraiser

** Mr. Blonde **
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Site said:
Does anyone know Enom's ETP DataInterDev Inc. (DID Inc.)? Is it trustworthy? Thanks.

That is the ETP under which I have an account. I have had no problems but I also don't know what problems I could have as I believe my account is fully within my contol and beyond their access. ??? If you have specific questions, I'll be glad to answer them.

eSology

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fundraiser said:
I have had no problems but I also don't know what problems I could have as I believe my account is fully within my contol and beyond their access. ???

Your ETP can effect you so you aren't out of his/her reach.

fundraiser

** Mr. Blonde **
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
eSology said:

I would appreciate any info you can provide in that regard. That's why I used the ??? Thanks for any advice / info on what particularly might need to be watched.

eSology

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1) Despite what has been written before, prices can get raised even when you do the "little" tricks to protect it.
2) ETPs get emails that resellers do not get. When changes come around or specials are announced you would like to see them to wouldn't you?
3) Support, some people never need help or have problems. Just review some old posts and you will see that ETPs can get support faster. If anyone calls me with problems I try to drop what I am doing and get it fixed.

These are the things off the top of my head. What to watch for...I think knowing who is above you, how deep they are from eNom, and how to get ahold of them should be enough to feel satisfied. I bought some domains recently from a guy here and they are at a WWD reseller. Can't transfer away for another 60 days (don't get me started on GD). I called the whois number for the owner of the domain since all WWD support numbers ring in Arizona. No response to my messages or emails. Even though this is a WWD reseller it is an example of what type of place you don't want to be under.

fundraiser

** Mr. Blonde **
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
eSology said:
1) Despite what has been written before, prices can get raised even when you do the "little" tricks to protect it.
2) ETPs get emails that resellers do not get. When changes come around or specials are announced you would like to see them to wouldn't you?
3) Support, some people never need help or have problems. Just review some old posts and you will see that ETPs can get support faster. If anyone calls me with problems I try to drop what I am doing and get it fixed.

I too have bought into the "tricks" and my $6.95 price has not changed yet but I am now somewhat concerned it could based on your post. I anticipated any change would be due only to a direct enom increase flowing down to me. It also did not occur to me to contact my etp when I was having a problem with a transfer from bulkregister so I appreciate that tip as well. Sounds like there can be significanct differences in etps and therefore I can only confirm that I have not had any problems yet, but that is hardly an endorsment.

Thanks again for the information.

eSology

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I by no means wanted to get you worried but this is business and I think we should look at things from all angles. Before I became an ETP I ran into some unethical folks and have since also. Back in Nov one of my old (pre-ETP days) $7.95 accounts was taken from me by the ETP. I had used all the tricks...sub-accounts, domain inplace, and even had $2 in the account. The ETP (who is a member of all the forums) called eNom support and said he was trying to help a reseller get back into their account. The support rep sent a lost password to me and the ETP. This is the only way I would have known that I lost the account. I immediately tried to log in but was beat to the punch by this turd of a fellow. To make a long story short, I got the account back from eNom because I called and talked to the same rep who wasn't very happy after my call. The ETP in question only replied once to my emails stating I didn't have any "rights" to the account.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
eSology said:

I agree with eSology. You must have a direct contact at least via email, phone support is just another superb alternative.

EM

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom