Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

etsy.com shop owner is using our tm name

Status
Not open for further replies.

oberheimer

Domain investor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello i have a question about a tm that we own.
An etsy user is using our trademarked name as her shop name on etsy. We have a swedish tm and she is from australia. But etsy sells to sweden...
So i can buy the cards from sweden. Etsy even have swedish kronor as the main currency when i enter the shop. But does etsy or the owner market it to sweden thats the question.
How does this work. We where the only one using our name when we started so she is kind of new and i even think she got the idea from us.
The product idea. pm me for more info.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
She's in Australia, you're in Sweden. Have you contacted her yet ? She may be so new she didn't realize any potential conflicts. If she got the product idea from you then you have all rights legally speaking. Who knows, she might agree to change the name of her shop. So before your side sends her any legalese about this (and there seem to be legitimate issues involved with what she's doing) simply explain the situation to her in lay terms, she may turn out to be reasonable, good luck

oberheimer

Domain investor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help i and yes i think she got the idea from us because when you search for the name the only site that comes up is ours and i'm sure there are a lot other names available then ours. Plus i haven't seen any other sites that just sell what we are selling. Exactly the same thing...

G_Gekko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you checked what etsys user agreement say about things like this. You might just have to contact etsy to get it resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom