Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

eu domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i have heard that after 2005 you could register eu domains if that when we will be able to register eu domains?
and if there is any gfood registar you suggest?
thanks

Zinc

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cogeek said:
i have heard that after 2005 you could register eu domains if that when we will be able to register eu domains?
thanks

Hi, .eu domain registration is not possible at this time. If you fancy pre-registering domains (as i have) you could try www.123-Reg.co.uk , I've been buying domains from them since '98.

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what do you mean with preregister, they can get them back? if so you got your money back too?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.eu domains are not available yet - be very careful in "pre-registering" these as there have been a number of scams surrounding the, yet to be released, domains.

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
is namescout.com trustable? you can pre register microsoft.eu????????????????

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From th EURid site:-

Can I pre-register a .eu domain with EURid?

Not at the moment. EURid has currently not yet accredited any .eu registrars through whom official requests for registration of a .eu domain name can be introduced.

Before starting the registrations for the .eu TLD a number of important steps still need to be taken. First of all, EURid will need to sign an agreement with the European Commission.

Only then a network of registrars can be developed through whom applications for the registration of .eu domain names can be introduced.

Once .eu registrars are accredited they are allowed to accept pre-registrations for their customers. At the start of the live registrations, they will introduce their pre-registrations in the automated systems of EURid for processing. In case certain domain names are pre-registered several times, the automated systems will determine on a "first come, first served" basis which pre-registration will eventually lead to a definitive registration (the huge load of simultaneous applications will also generate a randomising effect).
There will first be a sunrise period to allow public bodies and holders of certain prior rights to register their names. The sunrise period will consist of two consecutive phases each lasting two months. The start of the "sunrise period" will be announced by EURid well in advance in order to allow sufficient time for the introduction of the applications. In order to be informed about the latest information on the "sunrise period" it is recommended to pay a visit to the main site of EURid at r

egular times.

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok, i fi get that mesn that namescout an dall the others are scams right? and www.123-Reg.co.uk too?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
No .eu domains at this time - you can jump on the .in bandwagon instead :-D

Zinc

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cogeek said:
thanks

www.123-reg are not scammers, they're a legitimate UK company who have been selling domains for many years. Pre-Registration simply places you in their database for a fee, if they don't manage to secure your domain order they'll refund your deposit back to your card in full.

Oh, don't be put off by the 'scam' shouts from some of the members here, many of them seem a little nervous after paying for hundreds of .in domains with their credit cards through an unsecure connection, now that's worrying.

123-Reg.co.uk have been trading for years, give customer services a call and they'll be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding pre-registration of .eu domains.

Regards, Ian.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
LOL I registered some nice .in domains using secure connections.

On the other hand, pre-registrations of .eu are not sponsored by the .eu Registry and you end up paying for a piece of moonscape.

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.in domain names? what is that?

ok thanks fo r.eu

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom