Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

.eu joke !

Status
Not open for further replies.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Living in the u.k i have not seen one advertisement anywhere with .eu,must be all the speculators have got them and are waiting for big money returns,i just cant see it regardless of the specultive punt by some of the big guns who have made some sales.
I remember .in in the same sort of light,i just got that feelin .eu will be the same with the odd big sale to the odd desperate corp who has lost the chance of the .com,.net and cctld.

Maybe im wrong but i will take the chance im not and rather concentrate on .com and cctld and the odd .net.

Your educated thoughts would be interesting as i know some of you guys were ramping up .eu bigtime even to say it would be bigger than .com

THANKS !

Domain Days 2024

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Speculators have most of the great names. This means very few end-users to drive the extention.

Hype, Scam, Dud, Joke, Crap.

Dotcom gets stonger again....next.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with you whodatdog. Speculators have the best names simply for parking or other not so audience targeted. I think the .eu registration fiasco though still needs to be cleared for the cctld to make any serious progress.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Bulldog,
I agree, have not found one active .eu site. The whole process was a disgrace by eurid & many of the registrars. No doubt the extension will settle in time. Some top names will change hands for considerable amounts in time. However i know of noone buying them personally.
My favourites .com .net .co.uk .info The latter having the most growth potential to come in my humble opinion. It's funny I originally thought .eu ,what a good idea etc. I just don't like them! :tea: Guy

:lock1:

McDot

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey, eu only started just 5 Months ago. I think you are expecting to much for this short time. Remember other TLD's also needed about a year to start consolidating.

I personally see eu with great potential. Most owners of ccTLDs in Europe have got their eu Domain,or have tried to get it. Now true, most good (and a lot of bad) generic names are in hands of resellers, but the same thing happened when i.e. .info and .biz were launched. So just don't be impatient, give .eu another half year and you will start finding many good websites under .eu.

Sure, eu willnever have the prestige of a .com, but I trust to see .eu at a level like .net or .de in about 3 to 5 years.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried several .eu domains and I couldn't get one .eu domain to resolve. I tried loans, money, tickets, sex, etc. Might there be a reason for this?

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The question is surely 'what language will the .eu be in?'

I have heard that some members of the EU Parliament want every .eu to be available in every language used in the EU (that must be over 20 languages), if this gets passed into EU law then think of the costs involved in developing sites!

Although I specialize in ccTLD's I have kept far away from .eu and intend to keep it that way.

ponce007

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There isn't much money in parking .eu
Either site will have to be made or one will have to let the domains expire.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So i feel that the pendulam is swinging against .eu after all the hype on here !
Maybe it will change but i doubt and to think people honestly thought it would come on par with .com LOL

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So i feel that the pendulam is swinging against .eu after all the hype on here !
Maybe it will change but i doubt and to think people honestly thought it would come on par with .com LOL

I said it would be a dud from the start. I hope you didn't waste your money buying any.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.eu is a joke.
it is a scandal, one that will probably haunt the extension for many many years to come (IMHO)

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses,i never ever got caught up in it thanks to the advice from the more senior members here,i listened to them, heed there advice and you will be all the more wiser,im learning all the time !

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom