Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.eu scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukeeales

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As I mentioned previously, I tried to register a .eu name at www.registereu.com without knowing that this could not be done.

The transaction kept saying that it could not be completed because apparently I'd entered some details incorrectly. So I kept trying, making sure that I had the exact name and address details as on my card. This failed.

So I tried a new card, and still it failed.

I then get emailed a week later saying that the transaction status had been set to "pending", and that it had now been approved. Which is ridiculous, because I never actually completed the transaction. But I thought, if worst comes to the worst, I get billed $70.

Now around 4 weeks later, I get more emails saying that EVERY ATTEMPT I made at refining my personal details counted as a purchase. So I find my way to their customer service site, and login with my email address.

I find that I have been billed around 25 times on 3 different credit cards for the same name, totalling around $3,000.

In addition to this, the transaction history shows something called "Rebill", around 10 times, that charge me between $60 and $150 a time.

Can anyone advise what I can do?

Registereu.com should be shut down.

Luke

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Talk to your credit/bank card provider and request their assistance with recovery of the funds.

M

mole

I think Eurid themselves should take legal action against registereu. I doubt any names that this so-caled registrar submits for the landrush will ever get even near the queing system.

lukeeales

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmm.

It says that Peter Francis-Macrae has been selling unavailable .eu names. Apparently he is from Cambridge.

But it also says that Nominet took an Australian company to court over a similar offence.

The "helpline" number in the billing emails I recieved is Australian. But the postal address on Registereu.com is in Cambridge. So I guess it's one of these two companies.

If I can't sort this out, I'm going to have to spend my student loan on paying this shit back and then probably have to drop out of university.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Cambridge-based company has been the subject of many complaints AND legal action - contact the Cambridge Trading Standards Office for further advice.
Your cc provider should be able to assist with recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom