Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

.eu ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
has anyone pre-registered a .eu domain? it goes live April 2005, The Sunrise period will run from December 2004 to April 2005. there meant to be the most popular top level domains for members of the European Union. i myself have pre-registered a few domains in hope to get them :clown:

Alexander

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I preregistered about 50 with Lycos.co.uk.

cambler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The last I saw, the registration details hadn't been resolved to the point where pre-registration was even an option. I can't recall seeing anything to the contrary.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
like the man says above, your preregistrations aren't worth anything

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i pre-registered it for free, (at lycos) only took a few minutes of my time so i have nothing to loose, if they get registered cool, if they dont then i havent lost anything :)

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
» Until the opening of the official pre-registration system, Lycos will collect customers' domain name choices.

» On the registration launch, Lycos will submit all .eu domains it has collected to the Eu reservation service.

» If your domain is still available, you will have the opportunity to buy it for 1 year.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If anyone is prepaying for pre-reg's you're being ripped off.

IIRC there are still no registrars for .eu.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
by submitting your 'pre rgs' for .eu all you are doing is the following:

you are letting registrars know what the market wants, and when they see which domains are most popular (other than the ones they already know) they will reg them and try to sell them to you.
It is a waste of time, you are helping your 'competition', and, you arent gaining anything...

ExpireGuy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
by submitting your 'pre rgs' for .eu all you are doing is the following:

you are letting registrars know what the market wants, and when they see which domains are most popular (other than the ones they already know) they will reg them and try to sell them to you.
It is a waste of time, you are helping your 'competition', and, you arent gaining anything...

Agreed.

By jumping the gun, you risk the chance at pointing the barrel at your own head. Add to that a cannon sized hole in your wallet if one falls for a non-refundable pre reg scam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom